Subject: [IGSREPORT-4216] Wk 0926 GPS Earth Orientation
From: Dennis McCarthy
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 1997 8:23:47 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Report    Thu Oct  9  8:23:47 PDT 1997      Message Number 4216
******************************************************************************

Author: Dennis McCarthy
Subject: Wk 0926 GPS Earth Orientation

From: Dennis McCarthy
Subject: Earth Orientation Contributions to IERS Bulletin A
Date:  9 Oct 97

An updated look at Earth orientation data submitted to the IERS
follows.  All data are aligned to the system defined by ITRF94 and
the current ICRF by estimating and removing mean bias, rate, annual
and semiannual terms.  The only exception to this is the NEOS VLBI
and the NEOS Intensives series whose UT1-UTC are not corrected.

Below are the mean and standard deviation of each submission
included in the Rapid Service combination compared with the
combination for the last 30 days.  Units are milliseconds of arc
for x and y, and milliseconds of time for UT1-UTC.

Contributor   Latest      #         Mean          Standard Deviation
               Day               (NEOS-series)
                                x     y  UT1-UTC    x     y  UT1-UTC

NEOS Int.    50727.67    20                .013                .029

NEOS VLBI    50722.25     5    .09  -.07  -.008    .12   .06   .008

JPL VLBI     50721.86     8               -.008                .130

CSR SLR      50726.85    11   -.07   .12  -.013    .13   .20   .056

TUD SLR      50610.00     5   -.07   .08           .57   .25

UT LLR       50627.17    10                .002                .083

IGS Final    50718.50    30    .04  -.01           .08   .09

IGS Rapid    50728.50    10   -.03  -.04           .10   .15

             50728.50     1               -.015                 ---

For comparison, the mean and standard deviations of other related
series are listed below for the last 30 days.  Units are milliseconds
of arc for x and y, and milliseconds of time for UT1-UTC

Series        Latest      #         Mean          Standard Deviation
               Day               (NEOS-series)
                                x     y  UT1-UTC    x     y  UT1-UTC

SIO           50718.5    30   -.39  -.12           .17   .28

CODE          50725.5    30   -.34   .12 -16.79    .09   .28    .32

JPL           50718.5    30   -.11  -.10   1.24    .14   .13    .44

ESOC          50718.5    30    .01  -.33           .21   .36

NRCan         50725.5    30   -.01  -.58  10.96    .19   .20    .09

GFZ           50718.5    30   -.51  -.19   -.04    .11   .11    .04

NOAA          50727.5    30   -.59  -.29           .35   .49

USNO          50728.5    30   -.57  -.50           .36   .27

USNO GPS UT1  50707.5    28                -.12                 .08

IGS Final     50718.5    30   -.26  -.19    .00    .10   .08    .02

IGS Rapid     50728.5    30   -.38  -.37    .01    .19   .20    .07

IERS Central Bureau Series:

Bulletin B    50694.     30   -.01  -.01   .005    .12   .14   .042

97C04         50730.     30   -.01   .07   .006    .23   .29   .042

Plots of the residuals are available through the world wide web at,
http://maia.usno.navy.mil/plots.html to anyone interested.
--
Dennis D. McCarthy                       [email-masked]
Director, Directorate of Time            phone: (202) 762-1837
U.S. Naval Observatory                   fax: (202) 762-1563
Washington, DC 20392-5420

[Mailed From: Dennis McCarthy <[email-masked]>]