Subject: [IGSREPORT-4212] Wk 0922 G-SINEX Comparisons, Retransmission
From: AC Coordinator / NRCan GSDivision
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 1997 12:42:13 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Report    Wed Oct  8 12:42:13 PDT 1997      Message Number 4212
******************************************************************************

Author: AC Coordinator / NRCan GSDivision
Subject: Wk 0922 G-SINEX Comparisons, Retransmission

Comparison of GNAAC Combined SINEX Solutions - Week 0922   
(SEP 7, 1997 - SEP 13, 1997)

Contacts: J. Kouba ([email-masked])
          D. Hutchison([email-masked])

COMPARISON ALGORITHM:

   1. MIT and NCL GNAAC  combined  SINEX  solutions  for the week in question
      were deconstrained. The JPL SINEX file is already unconstrained.

   2. Any stations  not  present  in  all GNAAC combined SINEX files were de-
      leted  from all three combined solutions.  Every solution was then sub-
      jected to a 7-parameter transformation  into  a common reference system
      (the 13 ITRF94 station positions). 

   3. Outliers are determined at the 99.0% confidence level for each coordin-
      ate.  If a station  has  an outlier in either latitude,  longitude,  or
      height, it is ignored in all subsequent computations.

FILES COMPARED:
   mit0922g.snx at cddis.gsfc.nasa.gov
   jpl0922g.snx at cddis.gsfc.nasa.gov
   ncl0922g.snx at cddis.gsfc.nasa.gov

GNAACs: MIT JPL NCL

STATIONS WITH INCONSISTENT ANTENNA ECCENTRICITY INFORMATION:
(FILE: / STATION / L1 (UNE) / L2 (UNE) / ECCENTRICITY (UNE))
(UNE = Up North East (metres))

jpl0922g.snx: BISH    .075   .002  -.001   .069  -.001   .002   .046   .000   .000
mit0922g.snx: BISH    .078   .000  -.003   .074  -.003  -.001   .046   .000   .000
jpl0922g.snx: ELAT    .069   .000   .000   .068   .000   .000  -.011   .000   .000
mit0922g.snx: ELAT    .078   .000  -.003   .074  -.003  -.001  -.011   .000   .000
jpl0922g.snx: GALA    .110   .000   .000   .128   .000   .000   .000   .000   .000
mit0922g.snx: GALA    .110   .000   .000   .128   .000   .000   .082   .000   .000
jpl0922g.snx: HARK    .110   .000   .000   .128   .000   .000  9.754   .000   .000
mit0922g.snx: HARK    .110   .000   .000   .128   .000   .000  9.803   .000   .000
ncl0922g.snx: HARK    .110   .000   .000   .128   .000   .000  9.803   .000   .000
jpl0922g.snx: KATZ    .069   .000   .000   .068   .000   .000  -.012   .000   .000
mit0922g.snx: KATZ    .078   .000  -.003   .074  -.003  -.001  -.012   .000   .000
jpl0922g.snx: LPGS    .110   .000   .000   .128   .000   .000   .000   .000   .000
mit0922g.snx: LPGS    .110   .000   .000   .128   .000   .000   .046   .000   .000
ncl0922g.snx: LPGS    .110   .000   .000   .128   .000   .000   .046   .000   .000
jpl0922g.snx: MDVO    .078   .000  -.003   .074  -.003  -.001   .146   .000   .000
mit0922g.snx: MDVO    .078  -.001  -.003   .074  -.003  -.001   .132  -.005   .006
ncl0922g.snx: MDVO    .078   .000  -.003   .074  -.003  -.001   .149   .000   .000
jpl0922g.snx: NICO    .110   .000   .000   .128   .000   .000   .000   .000   .000
mit0922g.snx: NICO    .110   .000   .000   .128   .000   .000   .050   .000   .000
jpl0922g.snx: SELE    .110   .000   .000   .128   .000   .000   .000   .000   .000
mit0922g.snx: SELE    .110   .000   .000   .128   .000   .000   .091   .000   .000
jpl0922g.snx: TAEJ    .075   .002  -.001   .069  -.001   .002   .660   .000   .000
mit0922g.snx: TAEJ    .075   .002  -.001   .069  -.001   .002   .660   .000   .000
ncl0922g.snx: TAEJ    .078   .000  -.003   .074  -.003  -.001   .660   .000   .000
jpl0922g.snx: TELA    .069   .000   .000   .068   .000   .000   .000   .000   .000
mit0922g.snx: TELA    .078   .000  -.003   .074  -.003  -.001   .000   .000   .000
jpl0922g.snx: ZIMM    .069   .000   .000   .068   .000   .000   .000   .000   .000
mit0922g.snx: ZIMM    .078   .000  -.003   .074  -.003  -.001   .000   .000   .000

ANTENNA PHASE CENTRE CONFLICTS IN FILE mit0922g.snx                             
   KSTU Multiple Sites      
   ZWEN Multiple Sites      
 
SITES AFFECTED BY ABOVE CONFLICTS, NON-FIDUCIAL SITES SUBSEQUENTLY EXCLUDED:
   Stations: KSTU ZWEN 
 
ANTENNA PHASE CENTRE CONFLICTS IN FILE ncl0922g.snx                             
   ASC1 Missing Antenna      
   AUCK Missing Antenna      
   CHAT Missing Antenna      
   DGAR Missing Antenna      
   KIRU Missing Antenna      
   KWJ1 Missing Antenna      
   MKEA Missing Antenna      
   VILL Missing Antenna      
 
SITES AFFECTED BY ABOVE CONFLICTS, NON-FIDUCIAL SITES SUBSEQUENTLY EXCLUDED:
   Stations: ASC1 AUCK CHAT DGAR KIRU KWJ1 MKEA VILL 

CONFIDENCE  LEVEL  FOR OUTLIER DETECTION: 99%
OUTLIERS REJECTED (COORD/STATION/GNAACs):
   Lat BRAZ MIT-JPL   Lat SANT MIT-JPL   Lat FORT MIT-JPL
   Lat AREQ MIT-JPL   Lat KOUR MIT-JPL   Lon MALI MIT-JPL
   Lon MADR MIT-NCL   Lon IISC MIT-NCL   Hgt CAS1 JPL-NCL
   Hgt MCM4 JPL-NCL   Hgt MCM4 MIT-JPL   Hgt CAS1 MIT-JPL
   Hgt MCM4 MIT-NCL   Hgt CAS1 MIT-NCL     

42 GLOBAL STATIONS:
   ALBH ALGO ANKR BAHR BOR1 BRMU CRO1 DRAO FAIR FLIN
   GOLD GUAM HOB2 IRKT KELY KERG KIT3 KOKB KOSG LHAS
   MAC1 MATE MDO1 METS NLIB ONSA PERT POTS RCM6 REYK
   SHAO STJO TAHI TAIW TIDB TSKB USUD WES2 WHIT WTZR
   WUHN YELL        

8 FIDUCIAL STATIONS:
   ALGO FAIR GOLD KOKB KOSG TIDB WTZR YELL  

AVERAGE COORDINATE RMS:

             42    GLOBAL  STATIONS          8   FIDUCIAL   STATIONS
        MIT-JPL   MIT-NCL   JPL-NCL MIT-ITRF94 JPL-ITRF94 NCL-ITRF94
           (mm)      (mm)      (mm)       (mm)       (mm)       (mm)
        -------   -------   ------- ---------- ---------- ----------
Lat        1.0       0.7       0.7        4.7        5.0        4.7 
Lon        1.0       1.2       0.8        7.9        8.2        8.2 
Hgt        3.3       3.3       1.4        9.0        8.9        9.6 
3D         3.6       3.5       1.8       12.8       13.1       13.5

VARIANCE FACTORS (CHI-SQUARE / (DEGREES OF FREEDOM)):

        42    GLOBAL  STATIONS          8   FIDUCIAL   STATIONS
   JPL-NCL   MIT-JPL   MIT-NCL MIT-ITRF94 JPL-ITRF94 NCL-ITRF94
   -------   -------   ------- ---------- ---------- ----------
     0.049     0.764     0.182      0.850      0.679      0.725

OFFSETS AND SCALE FACTOR WRT ITRF94 (FIDUCIAL STATIONS):
(TRANSFORMATION FROM ITRF94 TO GNAAC SINEX FILES)

      Tx (mm) STD(mm) Ty (mm) STD(mm) Tz (mm) STD(mm) Scale (ppb) STD(ppb)
      ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ----------- --------
JPL       1.4     4.7    14.6     5.2   -28.4     6.5        -2.3      0.5
MIT       0.5     3.4    11.9     4.0   -36.4     4.0        -2.1      0.5
NCL       0.9     5.0    20.1     5.5   -35.5     7.4        -2.3      0.5

REMARKS:

FOR THE FILE mit0922g.snx, THE A PRIORI COVARIANCE MATRIX WAS SCALED UPWARD
(ALL ELEMENTS) BY A FACTOR OF 0.05% PRIOR TO DECONSTRAINING.

THE FOLLOWING FIDUCIAL STATIONS ARE MISSING FROM mit0922g.snx :
   Stations: HART TROM

THE FOLLOWING FIDUCIAL STATIONS ARE MISSING FROM jpl0922g.snx :
   Stations: TROM

THE FOLLOWING FIDUCIAL STATIONS ARE MISSING FROM ncl0922g.snx :
   Stations: HART TROM YAR1

-- 
David Hutchison
Geodetic Survey of Canada
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Internet: [email-masked]

[Mailed From: David Hutchison <[email-masked]>]