Subject: [IGSREPORT-4100] Wk 0921 GPS Earth Orientation
From: Dennis McCarthy
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 1997 11:59:55 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Report    Thu Sep  4 11:59:55 PDT 1997      Message Number 4100
******************************************************************************

Author: Dennis McCarthy
Subject: Wk 0921 GPS Earth Orientation

From: Dennis McCarthy
Subject: Earth Orientation Contributions to IERS Bulletin A
Date:  4 Sep 97

An updated look at Earth orientation data submitted to the IERS
follows.  All data are aligned to the system defined by ITRF94 and
the current ICRF by estimating and removing mean bias, rate, annual
and semiannual terms.  The only exception to this is the NEOS VLBI
and the NEOS Intensives series whose UT1-UTC are not corrected.

Below are the mean and standard deviation of each submission
included in the Rapid Service combination compared with the
combination for the last 30 days.  Units are milliseconds of arc
for x and y, and milliseconds of time for UT1-UTC.

Contributor   Latest      #         Mean          Standard Deviation
               Day               (NEOS-series)
                                x     y  UT1-UTC    x     y  UT1-UTC

NEOS Int.    50692.76    23                .005                .042

NEOS VLBI    50687.15     5    .14  -.04  -.004    .28   .09   .014

JPL VLBI     50685.93     7                .037                .086

CSR SLR      50692.90    11    .02   .03   .004    .89   .39   .048

TUD SLR      50610.00     7    .09   .17           .56   .22

UT LLR       50627.17    10                .001                .082

IGS Final    50683.50    30    .04   .01           .09   .08

IGS Rapid    50693.50    10   -.02  -.04           .16   .11

             50693.50     1               -.025                 ---

For comparison, the mean and standard deviations of other related
series are listed below for the last 30 days.  Units are milliseconds
of arc for x and y, and milliseconds of time for UT1-UTC

Series        Latest      #         Mean          Standard Deviation
               Day               (NEOS-series)
                                x     y  UT1-UTC    x     y  UT1-UTC

SIO           50683.5    30   -.28  -.22           .21   .16

CODE          50690.5    30   -.26   .08 -17.40    .28   .19    .04

JPL           50683.5    30   -.12  -.03   -.05    .17   .19    .46

ESOC          50683.5    30   -.01  -.20           .21   .27

NRCan         50690.5    23   -.09  -.70  10.97    .33   .27    .08

GFZ           50683.5    30   -.39  -.25   -.08    .12   .23    .06

NOAA          50689.5    30   -.50  -.58           .43   .54

USNO          50691.5    30   -.62  -.58           .36   .36

USNO GPS UT1  50693.5    28                -.22                 .07

IGS Final     50683.5    30   -.25  -.16    .00    .09   .11    .01

IGS Rapid     50693.5    30   -.53  -.40    .01    .32   .44    .07

IERS Central Bureau Series:

Bulletin B    50664.     30    .02   .01  -.009    .10   .11   .031

97C04         50692.     30   -.04  -.03  -.042    .26   .29   .093

Plots of the residuals are available through the world wide web at,
http://maia.usno.navy.mil/plots.html to anyone interested.
--
Dennis D. McCarthy                       [email-masked]
Director, Directorate of Time            phone: (202) 762-1837
U.S. Naval Observatory                   fax: (202) 762-1563
Washington, DC 20392-5420

[Mailed From: Dennis McCarthy <[email-masked]>]