Subject: [IGSREPORT-4057] Wk 0919 GPS Earth Orientation
From: Dennis McCarthy
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 10:44:46 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Report    Thu Aug 21 10:44:46 PDT 1997      Message Number 4057
******************************************************************************

Author: Dennis McCarthy
Subject: Wk 0919 GPS Earth Orientation

From: Dennis McCarthy
Subject: Earth Orientation Contributions to IERS Bulletin A
Date: 21 Aug 97

An updated look at Earth orientation data submitted to the IERS
follows.  All data are aligned to the system defined by ITRF94 and
the current ICRF by estimating and removing mean bias, rate, annual
and semiannual terms.  The only exception to this is the NEOS VLBI
and the NEOS Intensives series whose UT1-UTC are not corrected.

Below are the mean and standard deviation of each submission
included in the Rapid Service combination compared with the
combination for the last 30 days.  Units are milliseconds of arc
for x and y, and milliseconds of time for UT1-UTC.

Contributor   Latest      #         Mean          Standard Deviation
               Day               (NEOS-series)
                                x     y  UT1-UTC    x     y  UT1-UTC

NEOS Int.    50676.81    23               -.014                .035

NEOS VLBI    50673.21     5    .03  -.12   .006    .25   .08   .010

JPL VLBI     50673.02     6               -.011                .089

CSR SLR      50678.11    11   -.10   .18  -.002    .46   .24   .084

TUD SLR      50610.00     7    .08   .19           .55   .18

UT LLR       50627.17    10               -.006                .079

IGS Final    50669.50    30    .05   .00           .06   .10

IGS Rapid    50679.50    10   -.04  -.03           .11   .14

             50679.50     3                .004                .022

For comparison, the mean and standard deviations of other related
series are listed below for the last 30 days.  Units are milliseconds
of arc for x and y, and milliseconds of time for UT1-UTC

Series        Latest      #         Mean          Standard Deviation
               Day               (NEOS-series)
                                x     y  UT1-UTC    x     y  UT1-UTC

SIO           50669.5    30   -.29  -.16           .19   .21

CODE          50674.5    30   -.29   .06 -17.41    .10   .16    .10

JPL           50669.5    30   -.18  -.05   -.81    .12   .19    .47

ESOC          50669.5    30    .01  -.24           .13   .19

NRCan         50675.5    30   -.21  -.60  10.96    .15   .25    .07

GFZ           50676.5    31   -.36  -.35   -.07    .12   .19    .08

NOAA          50676.5    30   -.56  -.32           .48   .61

USNO          50676.5    30   -.63  -.58           .18   .37

IGS Final     50669.5    30   -.24  -.17    .00    .07   .11    .01

IGS Rapid     50679.5    30   -.37  -.22   -.02    .12   .20    .06

IERS Central Bureau Series:

Bulletin B    50634.     30   -.02   .01   .000    .11   .15   .016

97C04         50676.     30    .01  -.05  -.001    .12   .11   .063

Plots of the residuals are available through the world wide web at,
http://maia.usno.navy.mil/plots.html to anyone interested.
--
Dennis D. McCarthy                       [email-masked]
Director, Directorate of Time            phone: (202) 762-1837
U.S. Naval Observatory                   fax: (202) 762-1563
Washington, DC 20392-5420

[Mailed From: Dennis McCarthy <[email-masked]>]