Subject: [IGSREPORT-3997] Wk 0916 GPS Earth Orientation
From: Dennis McCarthy
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 12:16:20 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Report    Thu Jul 31 12:16:20 PDT 1997      Message Number 3997
******************************************************************************

Author: Dennis McCarthy
Subject: Wk 0916 GPS Earth Orientation

From: Dennis McCarthy
Subject: Earth Orientation Contributions to IERS Bulletin A
Date: 31 Jul 97

An updated look at Earth orientation data submitted to the IERS
follows.  All data are aligned to the system defined by ITRF94 and
the current ICRF by estimating and removing mean bias, rate, annual
and semiannual terms.  The only exception to this is the NEOS VLBI
and the NEOS Intensives series whose UT1-UTC are not corrected.

Below are the mean and standard deviation of each submission
included in the Rapid Service combination compared with the 
combination for the last 30 days.  Units are milliseconds of arc
for x and y, and milliseconds of time for UT1-UTC.

Contributor   Latest      #         Mean          Standard Deviation
               Day               (NEOS-series)
                                x     y  UT1-UTC    x     y  UT1-UTC

NEOS Int.    50657.70    20               -.007                .037

NEOS VLBI    50652.25     5   -.09  -.10   .003    .09   .08   .008

JPL VLBI     50655.34     7                .007                .068

CSR SLR      50657.39    11   -.12   .15   .019    .29   .28   .054

TUD SLR      50610.00     7    .08   .17           .55   .22

UT LLR       50627.17    10               -.005                .080

IGS Final    50648.50    30    .06  -.02           .07   .08

IGS Rapid    50658.50    10    .03  -.01           .09   .18

             50658.50     1               -.022                 ---

For comparison, the mean and standard deviations of other related
series are listed below for the last 30 days.  Units are milliseconds
of arc for x and y, and milliseconds of time for UT1-UTC

Series        Latest      #         Mean          Standard Deviation
               Day               (NEOS-series)
                                x     y  UT1-UTC    x     y  UT1-UTC

SIO           50648.5    30   -.20  -.23           .16   .17

CODE          50655.5    30   -.29   .13 -17.71    .13   .17    .20

JPL           50648.5    30   -.20  -.17  -2.22    .10   .11    .67

ESOC          50648.5    30   -.03  -.21           .18   .15

NRCan         50655.5    30   -.29  -.48  10.85    .25   .21    .05

GFZ           50655.5    30   -.24  -.36   -.01    .10   .17    .04

NOAA          50655.5    30   -.63  -.32           .44   .59

USNO          50656.5    30   -.49  -.55           .23   .31

IGS Final     50648.5    30   -.24  -.19    .00    .06   .08    .01

IGS Rapid     50658.5    30   -.26  -.28   -.10    .16   .21    .06

IERS Central Bureau Series:

Bulletin B    50604.     30   -.04   .01   .000    .12   .14   .037

97C04         50659.     30    .01   .06  -.006    .12   .15   .032

Plots of the residuals are available through the world wide web at,
http://maia.usno.navy.mil/plots.html to anyone interested.
--
Dennis D. McCarthy                       [email-masked]
Director, Directorate of Time            phone: (202) 762-1837
U.S. Naval Observatory                   fax: (202) 762-1563
Washington, DC 20392-5420

[Mailed From: Dennis McCarthy <[email-masked]>]