Subject: [IGSREPORT-3957] Wk 0914 GPS Earth Orientation
From: Dennis McCarthy
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 9:43:48 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Report    Thu Jul 17  9:43:48 PDT 1997      Message Number 3957
******************************************************************************

Author: Dennis McCarthy
Subject: Wk 0914 GPS Earth Orientation

From: Dennis McCarthy
Subject: Earth Orientation Contributions to IERS Bulletin A
Date: 17 Jul 97

An updated look at Earth orientation data submitted to the IERS
follows.  All data are aligned to the system defined by ITRF94 and
the current ICRF by estimating and removing mean bias, rate, annual
and semiannual terms.  The only exception to this is the NEOS VLBI
and the NEOS Intensives series whose UT1-UTC are not corrected.

Below are the mean and standard deviation of each submission
included in the Rapid Service combination compared with the 
combination for the last 30 days.  Units are milliseconds of arc
for x and y, and milliseconds of time for UT1-UTC.

Contributor   Latest      #         Mean          Standard Deviation
               Day               (NEOS-series)
                                x     y  UT1-UTC    x     y  UT1-UTC

NEOS Int.    50643.73    21               -.004                .024

NEOS VLBI    50638.25     5   -.15  -.12   .001    .11   .11   .010

JPL VLBI     50641.74     8               -.012                .112

CSR SLR      50642.63    11   -.34   .32   .030    .48   .30   .050

TUD SLR      50583.00     9    .26   .02           .27   .31

UT LLR       50627.17    10               -.007                .073

IGS Final    50634.50    30    .05  -.01           .09   .08

IGS Rapid    50644.50    10    .08  -.02           .09   .06

             50644.50     1                .042                 --- 

For comparison, the mean and standard deviations of other related
series are listed below for the last 30 days.  Units are milliseconds
of arc for x and y, and milliseconds of time for UT1-UTC

Series        Latest      #         Mean          Standard Deviation
               Day               (NEOS-series)
                                x     y  UT1-UTC    x     y  UT1-UTC

SIO           50634.5    30   -.10  -.21           .14   .20

CODE          50641.5    30   -.36   .05 -17.85    .16   .22    .09

JPL           50634.5    30   -.21  -.19  -3.19    .12   .13    .56

ESOC          50634.5    30   -.10  -.18           .19   .16

NRCan         50641.5    30   -.43  -.47  10.80    .17   .16    .05

GFZ           50634.5    30   -.19  -.24    .04    .16   .19    .08

NOAA          50642.5    30   -.72  -.22           .28   .37

USNO          50642.5    30   -.51  -.52           .20   .23

IGS Final     50634.5    30   -.24  -.19    .00    .09   .10    .02

IGS Rapid     50644.5    30   -.31  -.22    .00    .13   .16    .13

IERS Central Bureau Series:

Bulletin B    50604.     30   -.04   .02   .000    .11   .14   .040

97C04         50644.     30   -.09   .10   .031    .18   .26   .052

Plots of the residuals are available through the world wide web at,
http://maia.usno.navy.mil/plots.html to anyone interested.
--
Dennis D. McCarthy                       [email-masked]
Director, Directorate of Time            phone: (202) 762-1837
U.S. Naval Observatory                   fax: (202) 762-1563
Washington, DC 20392-5420

[Mailed From: Dennis McCarthy <[email-masked]>]