Subject: [IGSREPORT-3924] Wk 0913 GPS Earth Orientation
From: Dennis McCarthy
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 8:24:10 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Report    Thu Jul 10  8:24:10 PDT 1997      Message Number 3924
******************************************************************************

Author: Dennis McCarthy
Subject: Wk 0913 GPS Earth Orientation

From: Dennis McCarthy
Subject: Earth Orientation Contributions to IERS Bulletin A
Date: 10 Jul 97

An updated look at Earth orientation data submitted to the IERS
follows.  All data are aligned to the system defined by ITRF94 and
the current ICRF by estimating and removing mean bias, rate, annual
and semiannual terms.  The only exception to this is the NEOS VLBI
and the NEOS Intesensives series whose UT1-UTC are not corrected.

Below are the mean and standard deviation of each submission compared
with the Rapid Service for the last 30 days.  Units are milliseconds
of arc for x and y, and milliseconds of time for UT1-UTC.

Contributor   Latest      #         Mean          Standard Deviation
               Day               (NEOS-series)
                                x     y  UT1-UTC    x     y  UT1-UTC

NEOS Int.    50636.75    20               -.004                .028

NEOS VLBI    50631.25     5   -.15  -.09   .004    .11   .11   .013

JPL VLBI     50635.76     8               -.044                .129

CSR SLR      50636.52    11   -.51   .33   .010    .82   .60   .129

TUD SLR      50577.00     7    .28  -.05           .31   .32

UT LLR       50627.17    10               -.003                .076

IGS Final    50627.50    30    .05  -.01           .09   .08

IGS Rapid    50637.50    10    .06   .01           .09   .15

             50637.50     1                .030                 ---

For comparison, the mean and standard deviations of other related
series are listed below for the last 30 days.  Units are milliseconds
of arc for x and y, and milliseconds of time for UT1-UTC

Series        Latest      #         Mean          Standard Deviation
               Day               (NEOS-series)
                                x     y  UT1-UTC    x     y  UT1-UTC

SIO           50627.5    30   -.09  -.21           .13   .17

CODE          50634.5    30   -.33  -.08 -17.83    .18   .12    .13

JPL           50627.5    30   -.16  -.21  -3.61    .12   .12    .48

ESOC          50627.5    30   -.13  -.19           .23   .16

NRCan         50634.5    30   -.38  -.48  10.76    .20   .19    .07

GFZ           50627.5    30   -.20  -.18    .05    .16   .15    .07

NOAA          50635.5    30   -.71  -.16           .25   .34

USNO          50637.5    30   -.45  -.46           .26   .25

IGS Final     50627.5    30   -.23  -.19    .00    .08   .09    .02

IGS Rapid     50637.5    30   -.28  -.19    .04    .13   .21    .13

IERS Central Bureau Series:

Bulletin B    50604.     30   -.05   .00  -.005    .11   .12   .044

97C04         50636.     30    .04   .01   .002    .20   .17   .026

Plots of the residuals are available through the world wide web at,
http://maia.usno.navy.mil/plots.html to anyone interested.
--
Dennis D. McCarthy                       [email-masked]
Director, Directorate of Time            phone: (202) 762-1837
U.S. Naval Observatory                   fax: (202) 762-1563
Washington, DC 20392-5420

[Mailed From: Dennis McCarthy <[email-masked]>]