Subject: [IGSREPORT-3900] Wk 0912 GPS Earth Orientation
From: Dennis McCarthy
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 9:56:53 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Report    Thu Jul  3  9:56:53 PDT 1997      Message Number 3900
******************************************************************************

Author: Dennis McCarthy
Subject: Wk 0912 GPS Earth Orientation

From: Dennis McCarthy
Subject: Earth Orientation Contributions to IERS Bulletin A
Date:  3 Jul 97

An updated look at Earth orientation data submitted to the IERS
follows.  All data are aligned to the system defined by ITRF94 and
the current ICRF by estimating and removing mean bias, rate, annual
and semiannual terms.  The only exception to this is the NEOS VLBI
and the NEOS Intesensives series whose UT1-UTC are not corrected.

Below are the mean and standard deviation of each submission compared
with the Rapid Service for the last 30 days.  Units are milliseconds
of arc for x and y, and milliseconds of time for UT1-UTC.

Contributor   Latest      #         Mean          Standard Deviation
               Day               (NEOS-series)
                                x     y  UT1-UTC    x     y  UT1-UTC

NEOS Int.    50629.78    24               -.003                .015

NEOS VLBI    50624.25     5   -.14  -.05   .003    .15   .10   .011

JPL VLBI     50631.13     8               -.024                .137

CSR SLR      50629.73    11   -.28   .27   .031    .47   .35   .041

TUD SLR      50577.00     7    .26  -.04           .29   .32

UT LLR       50627.17    10               -.004                .079

IGS Final    50620.50    30    .06   .00           .10   .10

IGS Rapid    50630.50    10    .02  -.05           .09   .11

             50630.50     1               -.023                 --- 

For comparison, the mean and standard deviations of other related
series are listed below for the last 30 days.  Units are milliseconds
of arc for x and y, and milliseconds of time for UT1-UTC

Series        Latest      #         Mean          Standard Deviation
               Day               (NEOS-series)
                                x     y  UT1-UTC    x     y  UT1-UTC

SIO           50620.5    30   -.06  -.19           .13   .17

CODE          50627.5    30   -.34  -.14 -17.75    .16   .12    .12

JPL           50620.5    30   -.14  -.19  -3.94    .12   .16    .37

ESOC          50620.5    30   -.16  -.16           .23   .19

NRCan         50620.5    30    .10  -.68  10.65   1.05   .68    .13

GFZ           50620.5    30   -.20  -.14    .05    .17   .14    .07

NOAA          50629.5    30   -.72  -.07           .27   .29

USNO          50628.5    30   -.45  -.50           .20   .31

IGS Final     50620.5    30   -.22  -.17    .00    .09   .12    .01

IGS Rapid     50630.5    30   -.27  -.20    .04    .13   .20    .13

IERS Central Bureau Series:

Bulletin B    50604.     30   -.04   .01  -.003    .11   .13   .034

97C04         50628.     30    .05  -.07  -.009    .19   .19   .026

Plots of the residuals are available through the world wide web at,
http://maia.usno.navy.mil/plots.html to anyone interested.
--
Dennis D. McCarthy                       [email-masked]
Director, Directorate of Time            phone: (202) 762-1837
U.S. Naval Observatory                   fax: (202) 762-1563
Washington, DC 20392-5420

[Mailed From: Dennis McCarthy <[email-masked]>]