Subject: [IGSREPORT-3879] Wk 0911 GPS Earth Orientation
From: Dennis McCarthy
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 8:38:11 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Report    Thu Jun 26  8:38:11 PDT 1997      Message Number 3879
******************************************************************************

Author: Dennis McCarthy
Subject: Wk 0911 GPS Earth Orientation

From: Dennis McCarthy
Subject: Earth Orientation Contributions to IERS Bulletin A
Date: 26 Jun 97

An updated look at Earth orientation data submitted to the IERS
follows.  All data are aligned to the system defined by ITRF94 and
the current ICRF by estimating and removing mean bias, rate, annual
and semiannual terms.  The only exception to this is the NEOS VLBI
and the NEOS Intesensives series whose UT1-UTC are not corrected.

Below are the mean and standard deviation of each submission compared
with the Rapid Service for the last 30 days.  Units are milliseconds
of arc for x and y, and milliseconds of time for UT1-UTC.

Contributor   Latest      #         Mean          Standard Deviation
               Day               (NEOS-series)
                                x     y  UT1-UTC    x     y  UT1-UTC

NEOS Int.    50622.62    25               -.004                .020

NEOS VLBI    50617.19     5   -.14  -.07   .002    .14   .10   .010

JPL VLBI     50624.34     8               -.005                .150

CSR SLR      50621.84    10    .04  -.03  -.016    .33   .34   .038

TUD SLR      50577.00     7    .27  -.02           .30   .33

UT LLR       50623.44    12                .013                .132

IGS Final    50613.50    30    .06   .03           .09   .11

IGS Rapid    50623.50    10    .02   .01           .08   .13

             50623.50     1                .003                 ---

For comparison, the mean and standard deviations of other related
series are listed below for the last 30 days.  Units are milliseconds
of arc for x and y, and milliseconds of time for UT1-UTC

Series        Latest      #         Mean          Standard Deviation
               Day               (NEOS-series)
                                x     y  UT1-UTC    x     y  UT1-UTC

SIO           50613.5    30   -.03  -.15           .14   .19

CODE          50620.5    30   -.33  -.11 -17.72    .20   .13    .10

JPL           50613.5    30   -.13  -.15  -4.20    .11   .15    .31

ESOC          50613.5    30   -.18  -.14           .22   .21

NRCan         50620.5    30    .11  -.66  10.65   1.05   .69    .13

GFZ           50620.5    30   -.19  -.12           .16   .14

NOAA          50620.5    30   -.73  -.06           .34   .35

USNO          50623.5    30   -.43  -.46           .21   .32

IGS Final     50613.5    30   -.23  -.14    .00    .09   .13    .02

IGS Rapid     50623.5    30   -.25  -.16   -.11    .19   .21    .34

IERS Central Bureau Series:

Bulletin B    50569.     30    .01   .00  -.002    .15   .14   .016

97C04         50622.     30   -.01   .14  -.011    .18   .28   .040

Plots of the residuals are available through the world wide web at,
http://maia.usno.navy.mil/plots.html to anyone interested.
--
Dennis D. McCarthy                       [email-masked]
Director, Directorate of Time            phone: (202) 762-1837
U.S. Naval Observatory                   fax: (202) 762-1563
Washington, DC 20392-5420

[Mailed From: Dennis McCarthy <[email-masked]>]