Subject: [IGSREPORT-3859] Wk 0910 GPS Earth Orientation
From: Dennis McCarthy
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 10:04:12 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Report    Thu Jun 19 10:04:12 PDT 1997      Message Number 3859
******************************************************************************

Author: Dennis McCarthy
Subject: Wk 0910 GPS Earth Orientation

From: Dennis McCarthy
Subject: Earth Orientation Contributions to IERS Bulletin A
Date: 19 Jun 97

An updated look at Earth orientation data submitted to the IERS
follows.  All data are aligned to the system defined by ITRF94 and
the current ICRF by estimating and removing mean bias, rate, annual
and semiannual terms.  The only exception to this is the NEOS VLBI
and the NEOS Intesensives series whose UT1-UTC are not corrected.

Below are the mean and standard deviation of each submission compared
with the Rapid Service for the last 30 days.  Units are milliseconds
of arc for x and y, and milliseconds of time for UT1-UTC.

Contributor   Latest      #         Mean          Standard Deviation
               Day               (NEOS-series)
                                x     y  UT1-UTC    x     y  UT1-UTC

NEOS Int.    50615.64    21                .001                .020

NEOS VLBI    50610.25     5   -.13  -.08   .001    .13   .13   .010

JPL VLBI     50614.18     7               -.016                .143

CSR SLR      50615.46    10   -.27   .16  -.092    .53   .45   .070

TUD SLR      50577.00     7    .26  -.03           .29   .33

UT LLR       50617.16    10               -.002                .119

IGS Final    50606.50    30    .05   .02           .08   .10

IGS Rapid    50616.50    10    .06   .06           .10   .22

             50616.50     1               -.041                 

For comparison, the mean and standard deviations of other related
series are listed below for the last 30 days.  Units are milliseconds
of arc for x and y, and milliseconds of time for UT1-UTC

Series        Latest      #         Mean          Standard Deviation
               Day               (NEOS-series)
                                x     y  UT1-UTC    x     y  UT1-UTC

SIO           50606.5    28   -.05  -.20           .17   .14

CODE          50615.5    30   -.36  -.06 -17.74    .23   .25    .15

JPL           50592.5    30   -.24  -.06  -4.44    .13   .13    .12

ESOC          50599.5    30   -.24  -.11           .18   .18

NRCan         50613.5    30    .12  -.65  10.54   1.04   .69    .20

GFZ           50599.5    30   -.27  -.11           .12   .13

NOAA          50612.5    29   -.60  -.04           .43   .41

USNO          50614.5    30   -.42  -.56           .26   .33

IGS Final     50606.5    30   -.25  -.16    .00    .08   .11    .01

IGS Rapid     50616.5    30   -.26  -.20   -.23    .18   .21    .35

IERS Central Bureau Series:

Bulletin B    50569.     30    .00   .00   .001    .14   .14   .015

97C04         50615.     30   -.03   .04  -.008    .18   .22   .033

Plots of the residuals are available through the world wide web at,
http://maia.usno.navy.mil/plots.html to anyone interested.

[Mailed From: [email-masked]]