Subject: [IGSREPORT-3778] Wk 0907 GPS Earth Orientation
From: Dennis McCarthy
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 11:17:55 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Report    Tue May 27 11:17:55 PDT 1997      Message Number 3778
******************************************************************************

Author: Dennis McCarthy
Subject: Wk 0907 GPS Earth Orientation

From: Dennis McCarthy
Subject: Earth Orientation Contributions to IERS Bulletin A
Date: 27 May 97

An updated look at Earth orientation data submitted to the IERS
follows.  All data are aligned to the system defined by ITRF94 and
the current ICRF by estimating and removing mean bias, rate, annual
and semiannual terms.  The only exception to this is the NEOS VLBI
and the NEOS Intesensives series whose UT1-UTC are not corrected.

Below are the mean and standard deviation of each submission compared
with the Rapid Service for the last 30 days.  Units are milliseconds
of arc for x and y, and milliseconds of time for UT1-UTC.

Contributor   Latest      #         Mean          Standard Deviation
               Day               (NEOS-series)
                                x     y  UT1-UTC    x     y  UT1-UTC

NEOS Int.    50584.71    22               -.003                .019

NEOS VLBI    50582.25     5    .11  -.14   .000    .16   .14   .002

JPL VLBI     50585.85     8               -.049                .168

CSR SLR      50585.89    10   -.04  -.07  -.007    .39   .28   .053

TUD SLR      50547.00    10    .12  -.13           .53   .21

IAA SLR      50592.00    30   -.68   .12           .61   .32

UT LLR       50585.17     7                .064                .147

IGS Final    50585.50    30   -.03   .12           .15   .10

IGS Rapid    50593.50    10   -.02   .06           .09   .24

             50593.50     9                .003                .113

For comparison, the mean and standard deviations of other related
series are listed below for the last 30 days.  Units are milliseconds
of arc for x and y, and milliseconds of time for UT1-UTC

Series        Latest      #         Mean          Standard Deviation
               Day               (NEOS-series)
                                x     y  UT1-UTC    x     y  UT1-UTC

SIO           50585.5    30   -.13  -.04           .24   .15

CODE          50590.5    30   -.45   .04 -18.01    .13   .15    .29

JPL           50585.5    30   -.28  -.02  -4.33    .22   .14    .18

ESOC          50585.5    30   -.32  -.10           .23   .18

NRCan         50585.5    30   -.16  -.27  10.22    .25   .27    .06

GFZ           50585.5    30   -.30  -.03           .20   .17

NOAA          50588.5    30   -.41   .08           .55   .48

USNO          50591.5    30   -.42  -.56           .30   .29

IGS Final     50585.5    30   -.32  -.05    .00    .18   .11    .03

IGS Rapid     50593.5    30   -.47  -.13    .15    .25   .24    .29

IERS Central Bureau Series:

Bulletin B    50539.     30   -.07  -.01  -.008    .20   .17   .018

97C04         50589.     30   -.02   .11   .041    .19   .21   .135

Plots of the residuals are available through the world wide web at,
http://maia.usno.navy.mil/plots.html to anyone interested.
--
Dennis D. McCarthy                       [email-masked]
Director, Directorate of Time            phone: (202) 762-1837
U.S. Naval Observatory                   fax: (202) 762-1563
Washington, DC 20392-5420

[Mailed From: Dennis McCarthy <[email-masked]>]