Subject: [IGSREPORT-3763] Wk 0906 GPS Earth Orientation
From: Dennis McCarthy
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 8:06:36 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Report    Thu May 22  8:06:36 PDT 1997      Message Number 3763
******************************************************************************

Author: Dennis McCarthy
Subject: Wk 0906 GPS Earth Orientation

From: Dennis McCarthy
Subject: Earth Orientation Contributions to IERS Bulletin A
Date: 22 May 97

An updated look at Earth orientation data submitted to the IERS
follows.  All data are aligned to the system defined by ITRF94 and
the current ICRF by estimating and removing mean bias, rate, annual
and semiannual terms.  The only exception to this is the NEOS VLBI
and the NEOS Intesensives series whose UT1-UTC are not corrected.

Below are the mean and standard deviation of each submission compared
with the Rapid Service for the last 30 days.  Units are milliseconds
of arc for x and y, and milliseconds of time for UT1-UTC.

Contributor   Latest      #         Mean          Standard Deviation
               Day               (NEOS-series)
                                x     y  UT1-UTC    x     y  UT1-UTC

NEOS Int.    50583.73    21               -.004                .022

NEOS VLBI    50582.25     5    .12  -.10   .001    .15   .13   .002

JPL VLBI     50585.85     8               -.069                .148

CSR SLR      50585.89    10    .07  -.11  -.016    .32   .24   .067

TUD SLR      50547.00    10    .14  -.12           .56   .21

IAA SLR      50588.00    30   -.47   .06           .46   .32

UT LLR       50585.17     7                .093                .238

IGS Final    50578.50    30    .03   .06           .09   .11

IGS Rapid    50588.50    10   -.04   .06           .13   .14

             50588.50     5               -.004                .098

For comparison, the mean and standard deviations of other related
series are listed below for the last 30 days.  Units are milliseconds
of arc for x and y, and milliseconds of time for UT1-UTC

Series        Latest      #         Mean          Standard Deviation
               Day               (NEOS-series)
                                x     y  UT1-UTC    x     y  UT1-UTC

SIO           50578.5    30   -.05  -.07           .14   .15

CODE          50585.5    30   -.36   .05 -18.15    .16   .16    .07

JPL           50578.5    30   -.20  -.11  -4.17    .19   .20    .23

ESOC          50578.5    30   -.24  -.18           .18   .20

NRCan         50585.5    30   -.05  -.31  10.21    .22   .28    .05

GFZ           50585.5    30   -.18  -.08           .13   .16

NOAA          50584.5    30   -.39  -.05           .56   .44

USNO          50588.5    30   -.29  -.57           .25   .23

IGS Final     50578.5    30   -.26  -.11   -.02    .10   .12    .03

IGS Rapid     50588.5    30   -.38  -.12    .10    .20   .20    .24

IERS Central Bureau Series:

Bulletin B    50539.     30   -.07  -.01  -.009    .11   .14   .020

97C04         50587.     30    .06   .07   .018    .14   .18   .084

Plots of the residuals are available through the world wide web at,
http://maia.usno.navy.mil/plots.html to anyone interested.
--
Dennis D. McCarthy                       [email-masked]
Director, Directorate of Time            phone: (202) 762-1837
U.S. Naval Observatory                   fax: (202) 762-1563
Washington, DC 20392-5420

[Mailed From: Dennis McCarthy <[email-masked]>]