Subject: [IGSREPORT-3744] Wk 0905 GPS Earth Orientation
From: Dennis McCarthy
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 11:04:31 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Report    Thu May 15 11:04:31 PDT 1997      Message Number 3744
******************************************************************************

Author: Dennis McCarthy
Subject: Wk 0905 GPS Earth Orientation

From:     Dennis McCarthy
Subject:  Earth Orientation Contributions to IERS Bulletin A
Date:     15 May 1997

An updated look at Earth orientation data submitted to the IERS
follows.  All data are aligned to the system defined by ITRF94 and
the current ICRF by estimating and removing mean bias, rate, annual,
and semiannual terms.  The only exception to this is the NEOS VLBI
series whose UT1-UTC is not corrected.

Below are the mean and standard deviation of each submission compared
with the Rapid Service for the last 30 days.  Units are milliseconds
of arc for x and y, and milliseconds of time for UT1-UTC.

Contributor   Latest     #         Mean          Standard Deviation
               Day             (NEOS-series)
                              x     y   UT1-UTC    x     y  UT1-UTC

NEOS Int.    50578.91   23               0.005               0.032

NEOS VLBI    50575.25    5  -0.14  0.15 -0.001   0.17  0.14  0.006

JPL VLBI     50573.29    9               0.107               0.122

CSR SLR      50579.75   10  -0.05  0.18 -0.050   0.35  0.15  0.082

TUD SLR      50547      10  -0.13  0.16          0.59  0.23

IAA SLR      50581      30   0.43  0.00          0.41  0.35

UT LLR       50567.48   11              -0.081               0.294

IGS Final    50571.5    30   0.00 -0.01          0.02  0.04

IGS Rapid    50581.5    10  -0.01 -0.03          0.07  0.07

             50581.5     3              -0.045               0.068

For comparison, the mean and standard deviations of other related
series are listed below for the last 30 days.  Units are milliseconds
of arc for x and y, and milliseconds of time for UT1-UTC.

Series        Latest     #         Mean          Standard Deviation
               Day             (NEOS-series)
                              x     y  UT1-UTC    x     y  UT1-UTC

Scripps      50571.5    30  -0.09 -0.14          0.11  0.09

CODE         50578.5    30  -0.38 -0.03 -18.19   0.12  0.16  0.07

JPL          50571.5    30  -0.23 -0.13  -4.02   0.19  0.26  0.22

ESOC         50571.5    30  -0.27 -0.25          0.17  0.16

NRCan        50578.5    30  -0.05 -0.36  10.17   0.21  0.23  0.07

GFZ          50578.5    30  -0.22 -0.16          0.16  0.13

NOAA         50575.5    30  -0.68 -0.47          0.99  0.77

USNO         50581.5    30  -0.25 -0.54          0.28  0.21

IGS Final    50571.5    30  -0.29 -0.16  -0.06   0.07  0.06  0.04

IGS Rapid    50581.5    30  -0.35 -0.17  -0.08   0.19  0.14  0.48

IERS Central Bureau Series:

Bulletin B   50539      30   0.08  0.02  0.013   0.11  0.09  0.026

97c04        50581      30  -0.04  0.10  0.019   0.17  0.14  0.048

Plots of the residuals are available through the world wide web at
http://maia.usno.navy.mil/plots.html to anyone interested.  
--
Dennis D. McCarthy                       [email-masked]
Director, Directorate of Time            phone: (202) 762-1837
U.S. Naval Observatory                   fax: (202) 762-1563
Washington, DC 20392-5420

[Mailed From: Dennis McCarthy <[email-masked]>]