Subject: [IGSREPORT-3699] Wk 0903 Earth Orientation
From: Dennis McCarthy
Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 5:44:33 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Report    Fri May  2  5:44:33 PDT 1997      Message Number 3699
******************************************************************************

Author: Dennis McCarthy
Subject: Wk 0903 Earth Orientation

From:     Dennis McCarthy
Subject:  Earth Orientation Contributions to IERS Bulletin A
Date:     1 May 1997

An updated look at Earth orientation data submitted to the IERS
follows.  All data are aligned to the system defined by ITRF94 and
the current ICRF by estimating and removing mean bias, rate, annual,
and semiannual terms.  The only exception to this is the NEOS VLBI
series whose UT1-UTC is not corrected.

Below are the mean and standard deviation of each submission compared
with the Rapid Service for the last 30 days.  Units are milliseconds
of arc for x and y, and milliseconds of time for UT1-UTC.

Contributor   Latest     #         Mean          Standard Deviation
               Day             (NEOS-series)
                              x     y   UT1-UTC    x     y  UT1-UTC

NEOS Int.    50564.78   24              -0.001               0.020

NEOS VLBI    50561.25    6  -0.05  0.12  0.000   0.15  0.08  0.012

JPL VLBI     50566.50    9               0.078               0.179

CSR SLR      50564.46   10   0.06  0.05  0.061   0.32  0.24  0.108

TUD SLR      50547      10  -0.15  0.18          0.57  0.20

IAA SLR      50567      30   0.08 -0.11          0.24  0.22

UT LLR       50567.48   11              -0.029               0.307

GPS Comb.*   50567.5    30  -0.01 -0.03          0.10  0.12

             50567.5     4               0.072               0.060

     * GPS series is a combination of results from IGS Analysis
     Centers (see below) and USNO.

For comparison, the mean and standard deviations of other related
series are listed below for the last 30 days.  Units are milliseconds
of arc for x and y, and milliseconds of time for UT1-UTC.

Series        Latest     #         Mean          Standard Deviation
               Day             (NEOS-series)
                              x     y  UT1-UTC    x     y  UT1-UTC

Scripps      50557.5    30  -0.15 -0.18          0.14  0.13

CODE         50565.5    30  -0.37  0.03 -18.31   0.11  0.12  0.12

JPL          50557.5    30  -0.21 -0.18  -3.75   0.19  0.28  0.11

ESOC         50557.5    30  -0.25 -0.33          0.19  0.26

NRCan        50564.5    30  -0.02 -0.34  10.15   0.26  0.23  0.05

GFZ          50564.5    30  -0.30 -0.27          0.15  0.17

NOAA         50565.5    30  -0.67 -0.53          0.93  0.62

USNO         50564.5    30  -0.34 -0.75          0.31  0.37

IGS Final    50557.5    30  -0.28 -0.20  -0.05   0.08  0.11  0.04

IGS Rapid    50567.5    30  -0.35 -0.17  -0.05   0.22  0.35  0.21

IERS Central Bureau Series:

Bulletin B   50509      30  -0.01  0.07 -0.017   0.11  0.14  0.029

97c04        50560      30   0.03  0.05 -0.019   0.16  0.12  0.033

Plots of the residuals are available through the world wide web at
http://maia.usno.navy.mil/plots.html to anyone interested.  
--
Dennis D. McCarthy                       [email-masked]
Director, Directorate of Time            phone: (202) 762-1837
U.S. Naval Observatory                   fax: (202) 762-1563
Washington, DC 20392-5420

[Mailed From: Dennis McCarthy <[email-masked]>]