Subject: [IGSREPORT-3678] WK 0898 G-SNX Comparisons
From: AC Coordinator / NRCan GSDivision
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 12:33:00 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Report    Mon Apr 28 12:33:00 PDT 1997      Message Number 3678
******************************************************************************

Author: AC Coordinator / NRCan GSDivision
Subject: WK 0898 G-SNX Comparisons

Comparison of GNAAC Combined SINEX Solutions - Week 0898   
(MAR 23, 1997 - MAR 29, 1997)

Contacts: J. Kouba ([email-masked])
          D. Hutchison([email-masked])

COMPARISON ALGORITHM:

   1. MIT and NCL GNAAC  combined  SINEX  solutions  for the week in question
      were deconstrained. The JPL SINEX file is already unconstrained.

   2. Any stations  not  present  in  all GNAAC combined SINEX files were de-
      leted  from all three combined solutions.  Every solution was then sub-
      jected to a 7-parameter transformation  into  a common reference system
      (the 13 ITRF94 station positions). 

   3. Outliers are determined at the 99.0% confidence level for each coordin-
      ate.  If a station  has  an outlier in either latitude,  longitude,  or
      height, it is ignored in all subsequent computations.

FILES COMPARED:
   mit0898g.snx at cddis.gsfc.nasa.gov
   jpl0898g.snx at cddis.gsfc.nasa.gov
   ncl0898g.snx at cddis.gsfc.nasa.gov

GNAACs: MIT JPL NCL

STATIONS WITH INCONSISTENT ANTENNA ECCENTRICITY INFORMATION:
(FILE: / STATION / L1 (UNE) / L2 (UNE) / ECCENTRICITY (UNE))
(UNE = Up North East (metres))

jpl0898g.snx: ANKR    .110   .000   .000   .128   .000   .000   .000   .000   .000
mit0898g.snx: ANKR    .110   .000   .000   .128   .000   .000   .060   .000   .000
jpl0898g.snx: BAHR    .000   .000   .000   .000   .000   .000  3.122   .000   .000
mit0898g.snx: BAHR    .110   .000   .000   .128   .000   .000  3.122   .000   .000
jpl0898g.snx: BISH    .070   .000   .000   .068   .000   .000   .046   .000   .000
mit0898g.snx: BISH    .078   .000  -.003   .074  -.003  -.001   .046   .000   .000
jpl0898g.snx: DRAO    .110   .000   .000   .128   .000   .000   .000   .000   .000
mit0898g.snx: DRAO    .110   .000   .000   .128   .000   .000   .100   .000   .000
ncl0898g.snx: DRAO    .110   .000   .000   .128   .000   .000   .100   .000   .000
jpl0898g.snx: GOPE    .070   .000   .000   .068   .000   .000   .046   .000   .000
mit0898g.snx: GOPE    .078   .000  -.003   .074  -.003  -.001   .046   .000   .000
jpl0898g.snx: GRAZ    .110   .000   .000   .128   .000   .000  1.964   .000   .000
mit0898g.snx: GRAZ    .078   .000   .000   .096   .000   .000  1.964   .000   .000
jpl0898g.snx: JOZE    .070   .000   .000   .068   .000   .000   .198   .000   .000
mit0898g.snx: JOZE    .069   .000  -.003   .068  -.003  -.001   .198   .000   .000
jpl0898g.snx: MATE    .110   .000   .000   .128   .000   .000   .101   .000   .000
mit0898g.snx: MATE    .078   .000   .000   .096   .000   .000   .101   .000   .000
ncl0898g.snx: MATE    .110   .000   .000   .128   .000   .000   .101   .000   .000
jpl0898g.snx: MOIN    .110   .000   .000   .128   .000   .000  -.103   .000   .000
mit0898g.snx: MOIN    .110   .000   .000   .128   .000   .000   .994   .000   .000
jpl0898g.snx: MONP    .000   .000   .000   .000   .000   .000   .119   .000   .000
mit0898g.snx: MONP    .110   .000   .000   .128   .000   .000   .119   .000   .000
jpl0898g.snx: NOTO    .110   .000   .000   .128   .000   .000  -.035   .000   .000
mit0898g.snx: NOTO    .110   .000   .000   .128   .000   .000  -.001   .000   .000
jpl0898g.snx: TAEJ    .000   .000   .000   .000   .000   .000   .660   .000   .000
mit0898g.snx: TAEJ    .069   .002  -.001   .068  -.001   .002   .660   .000   .000
jpl0898g.snx: UPAD    .070   .000   .000   .068   .000   .000  1.962   .000   .000
mit0898g.snx: UPAD    .078   .000  -.003   .074  -.003  -.001  1.962   .000   .000
jpl0898g.snx: UPO1    .110   .000   .000   .128   .000   .000   .078   .000   .000
mit0898g.snx: UPO1    .092  -.001   .000   .060   .000  -.001   .000   .000   .000
jpl0898g.snx: USUD    .078   .000   .000   .096   .000   .000  -.035   .000   .000
mit0898g.snx: USUD    .078   .000   .000   .096   .000   .000  -.035   .000   .000
ncl0898g.snx: USUD    .110   .000   .000   .128   .000   .000  -.035   .000   .000
jpl0898g.snx: WHIT    .110   .000   .000   .128   .000   .000   .100   .000   .000
mit0898g.snx: WHIT    .110   .000   .000   .128   .000   .000   .010   .000   .000
jpl0898g.snx: YAR1    .078   .000   .000   .096   .000   .000   .073   .000   .000
mit0898g.snx: YAR1    .078   .000   .000   .096   .000   .000   .073   .000   .000
ncl0898g.snx: YAR1    .000   .000   .000   .000   .000   .000   .073   .000   .000
jpl0898g.snx: ZIMM    .070   .000   .000   .068   .000   .000   .000   .000   .000
mit0898g.snx: ZIMM    .069   .000  -.003   .068  -.003  -.001   .000   .000   .000

ANTENNA PHASE CENTRE CONFLICTS IN FILE mit0898g.snx                             
   MDVO Multiple Sites
 
SITES AFFECTED BY ABOVE CONFLICTS, NON-FIDUCIAL SITES SUBSEQUENTLY EXCLUDED:
   Stations: MDVO 
 
ANTENNA PHASE CENTRE CONFLICTS IN FILE ncl0898g.snx                             
   ASC1 Missing Antenna      
   CHAT Missing Antenna      
   DGAR Missing Antenna      
   KWJ1 Missing Antenna      
   MKEA Missing Antenna      
 
SITES AFFECTED BY ABOVE CONFLICTS, NON-FIDUCIAL SITES SUBSEQUENTLY EXCLUDED:
   Stations: ASC1 CHAT DGAR KWJ1 MKEA BAHR YAR1 

CONFIDENCE  LEVEL  FOR OUTLIER DETECTION: 99%
OUTLIERS REJECTED (COORD/STATION/GNAACs):
   Lat KIT3 JPL-NCL   Lat KIT3 MIT-JPL   Lon BRAZ JPL-NCL
   Lon COCO JPL-NCL   Lon HART MIT-JPL   Lon MALI MIT-NCL
   Lon HART MIT-NCL   Hgt FORT MIT-JPL   Hgt FORT MIT-NCL

36 GLOBAL STATIONS:
   ALBH ALGO BRMU BRUS CAS1 DAV1 EISL FAIR GOLD GUAM
   HOB2 KERG KOKB KOSG KOUR LHAS MAC1 MCM4 METS NYAL
   OHIG ONSA PAMA PERT POTS RCM6 REYK SANT SHAO STJO
   TAIW TIDB TSKB WTZR YAR1 YELL    

10 FIDUCIAL STATIONS:
   ALGO FAIR GOLD KOKB KOSG SANT TIDB WTZR YAR1 YELL

AVERAGE COORDINATE RMS:

             36    GLOBAL  STATIONS         10   FIDUCIAL   STATIONS
        MIT-JPL   MIT-NCL   JPL-NCL MIT-ITRF94 JPL-ITRF94 NCL-ITRF94
           (mm)      (mm)      (mm)       (mm)       (mm)       (mm)
        -------   -------   ------- ---------- ---------- ----------
Lat        1.8       1.2       1.4        7.0        7.4        7.1 
Lon        1.7       1.2       1.8        8.6        9.1        9.7 
Hgt        3.3       3.6       3.8        8.8        8.0        9.3 
3D         4.1       4.0       4.5       14.2       14.2       15.2

VARIANCE FACTORS (CHI-SQUARE / (DEGREES OF FREEDOM)):

        36    GLOBAL  STATIONS         10   FIDUCIAL   STATIONS
   JPL-NCL   MIT-JPL   MIT-NCL MIT-ITRF94 JPL-ITRF94 NCL-ITRF94
   -------   -------   ------- ---------- ---------- ----------
     0.285     0.650     0.373      0.619      0.468      0.650

OFFSETS AND SCALE FACTOR WRT ITRF94 (FIDUCIAL STATIONS):

      Tx (mm) STD(mm) Ty (mm) STD(mm) Tz (mm) STD(mm) Scale (ppb) STD(ppb)
      ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ----------- --------
JPL      -4.1     5.0    10.1     5.2   -36.4     6.5        -2.3      0.6
MIT      -5.9     4.2     8.8     4.3   -31.7     4.8        -2.0      0.6
NCL      -1.5     4.7     8.2     4.8   -21.7     5.6        -2.2      0.6

REMARKS:

THE FOLLOWING FIDUCIAL STATIONS ARE MISSING FROM mit0898g.snx :
   Stations: TROM

THE FOLLOWING FIDUCIAL STATIONS ARE MISSING FROM jpl0898g.snx :
   Stations: TROM

THE FOLLOWING FIDUCIAL STATIONS ARE MISSING FROM ncl0898g.snx :
   Stations: TROM

MADR WAS NOT USED IN GLOBAL COMPARISON DUE TO LARGE COORDINATE DIFFERENCES
WITH ITRF94, DESCRIBED BELOW:

STATION MADR HAS A LATITUDE DIFFERENCE WITH ITRF94 IN EXCESS OF 3 CM.
STATION / GNAAC / LATITUDE DIFFERENCE (mm.):
   MADR JPL -38.9

STATION MADR HAS HEIGHT DIFFERENCES WITH ITRF94 IN EXCESS OF 3 CM.:
STATION / GNAAC / HEIGHT DIFFERENCE (mm.):
   MADR JPL -62.4
	MIT -34.5

-- 
David Hutchison
Geodetic Survey of Canada
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Internet: [email-masked]

[Mailed From: David Hutchison <[email-masked]>]