Subject: [IGSREPORT-3628] Wk 0900 GPS Earth Orientation
From: Dennis McCarthy
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 10:57:51 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Report    Thu Apr 10 10:57:51 PDT 1997      Message Number 3628
******************************************************************************

Author: Dennis McCarthy
Subject: Wk 0900 GPS Earth Orientation

From:     Dennis McCarthy
Subject:  Preliminary look at GPS Earth orientation
Date:     10 April 1997

An updated look at Earth orientation data submitted to the IERS
follows.  All GPS data are assumed to have adopted ITRF94 and so all
statistics are referred to that reference system.  Units are
milliseconds of arc for x and y, and milliseconds of time for
UT1-UTC.

     Below is the information provided for only the last thirty data
points sent by each contributor.

Contributor Data Span              Mean          Standard Deviation
                                (NEOS-GPS)
                              x     y  UT1-UTC    x     y  UT1-UTC

Scripps      50507.5        -0.27 -0.13          0.12  0.15
             -50536.5

CODE         50514.5        -0.33 -0.01 -18.77   0.11  0.19  0.28
             -50543.5

JPL          50507.5        -0.15 -0.22  -3.17   0.12  0.14  0.40
             -50536.5

ESOC         50507.5        -0.29 -0.49          0.20  0.26
             -50536.5

NRCan        50514.5        -0.03 -0.41  10.37   0.25  0.26  0.12
             -50543.5

GFZ          50514.5        -0.33 -0.22          0.10  0.16
             -50543.5

NOAA         50515.5        -0.39 -0.22          0.36  0.61
             -50544.5

USNO         50517.5        -0.43 -0.83          0.33  0.45
             -50546.5

IGS Final    50507.5        -0.26 -0.22   0.00   0.09  0.13  0.04
             -50536.5

IGS Rapid    50517.5        -0.26 -0.14  -0.03   0.21  0.32  0.20
             -50546.5

Plots of the residuals are available by FAX or through the world wide
web at http://maia.usno.navy.mil/plots.html to anyone interested.
--
Dennis D. McCarthy                       [email-masked]
Director, Directorate of Time            phone: (202) 762-1837
U.S. Naval Observatory                   fax: (202) 762-1563
Washington, DC 20392-5420

[Mailed From: Dennis McCarthy <[email-masked]>]