Subject: [IGSREPORT-3607] Wk 0899 GPS Earth Orientation
From: Dennis McCarthy
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 1997 9:05:36 PST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Report    Thu Apr  3  9:05:36 PST 1997      Message Number 3607
******************************************************************************

Author: Dennis McCarthy
Subject: Wk 0899 GPS Earth Orientation

From:     Dennis McCarthy
Subject:  Preliminary look at GPS Earth orientation
Date:     3 April 1997

An updated look at Earth orientation data submitted to the IERS
follows.  All GPS data are assumed to have adopted ITRF94 and so all
statistics are referred to that reference system.  Units are
milliseconds of arc for x and y, and milliseconds of time for
UT1-UTC.

     Below is the information provided for only the last thirty data
points sent by each contributor.

Contributor Data Span              Mean          Standard Deviation
                                (NEOS-GPS)
                              x     y  UT1-UTC    x     y  UT1-UTC

Scripps      50500.5        -0.30 -0.14          0.15  0.13
             -50529.5

CODE         50507.5        -0.35 -0.03 -18.98   0.10  0.17  0.26
             -50536.5

JPL          50500.5        -0.13 -0.24  -2.88   0.15  0.12  0.47
             -50529.5

ESOC         50500.5        -0.28 -0.56          0.21  0.24
             -50529.5

NRCan        50507.5        -0.03 -0.49  10.44   0.21  0.17  0.09
             -50536.5

GFZ          50507.5        -0.30 -0.19          0.15  0.13
             -50536.5

NOAA         50507.5        -0.56 -0.07          0.26  0.42
             -50536.5

USNO         50506.5        -0.51 -0.78          0.32  0.41
             -50535.5

IGS Final    50500.5        -0.25 -0.25  -0.01   0.11  0.09  0.05
             -50529.5

IGS Rapid    50510.5        -0.31 -0.21  -0.04   0.21  0.26  0.22
             -50539.5

Plots of the residuals are available by FAX to anyone interested.
--
Dennis D. McCarthy                       [email-masked]
Director, Directorate of Time            phone: (202) 762-1837
U.S. Naval Observatory                   fax: (202) 762-1563
Washington, DC 20392-5420

[Mailed From: Dennis McCarthy <[email-masked]>]