Subject: [IGSREPORT-3535] Wk 0896 GPS Earth Orientation
From: Dennis McCarthy
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 9:20:58 PST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Report    Thu Mar 13  9:20:58 PST 1997      Message Number 3535
******************************************************************************

Author: Dennis McCarthy
Subject: Wk 0896 GPS Earth Orientation

From:     Dennis McCarthy
Subject:  Preliminary look at GPS Earth orientation
Date:     13 March 1997

An updated look at Earth orientation data submitted to the IERS
follows.  All GPS data are assumed to have adopted ITRF94 and so all
statistics are referred to that reference system.  Units are
milliseconds of arc for x and y, and milliseconds of time for
UT1-UTC.

     Below is the information provided for only the last thirty data
points sent by each contributor.

Contributor Data Span              Mean          Standard Deviation
                                (NEOS-GPS)
                              x     y  UT1-UTC    x     y  UT1-UTC

Scripps      50479.5        -0.27 -0.14          0.14  0.11
             -50508.5

CODE         50486.5        -0.34  0.11 -19.42   0.08  0.13  0.14
             -50515.5

JPL          50479.5        -0.15 -0.22  -1.92   0.15  0.12  0.34
             -50508.5

ESOC         50479.5        -0.38 -0.55          0.14  0.23
             -50508.5

NRCan        50486.5        -0.11 -0.58  10.46   0.20  0.14  0.11
             -50515.5

GFZ          50479.5        -0.21 -0.24          0.13  0.13
             -50508.5

NOAA         50483.5        -0.57 -0.58          0.33  0.42
             -50512.5

USNO         50485.5        -0.53 -0.91          0.39  0.57
             -50514.5

IGS Final    50479.5        -0.26 -0.26          0.09  0.09
             -50508.5

IGS Rapid    50489.5        -0.28 -0.34  -0.27   0.18  0.20  0.18
             -50518.5

Plots of the residuals are available by FAX to anyone interested.
--
Dennis D. McCarthy                       [email-masked]
Director, Directorate of Time            phone: (202) 762-1837
U.S. Naval Observatory                   fax: (202) 762-1563
Washington, DC 20392-5420

[Mailed From: Dennis McCarthy <[email-masked]>]