Subject: [IGSREPORT-3531] Wk 0895 GPS Earth Orientation
From: Dennis McCarthy
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 1997 6:21:51 PST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Report    Wed Mar 12  6:21:51 PST 1997      Message Number 3531
******************************************************************************

Author: Dennis McCarthy
Subject: Wk 0895 GPS Earth Orientation

From:     Dennis McCarthy
Subject:  Preliminary look at GPS Earth orientation
Date:     6 March 1997

An updated look at Earth orientation data submitted to the IERS
follows.  All GPS data are assumed to have adopted ITRF94 and so all
statistics are referred to that reference system.  Units are
milliseconds of arc for x and y, and milliseconds of time for
UT1-UTC.

     Below is the information provided for only the last thirty data
points sent by each contributor.

Contributor Data Span              Mean          Standard Deviation
                                (NEOS-GPS)
                              x     y  UT1-UTC    x     y  UT1-UTC

Scripps      50465.5        -0.71 -0.63          1.34  0.76
             -50501.5

CODE         50479.5        -0.31  0.10 -19.54   0.09  0.13  0.20
             -50508.5

JPL          50472.5        -0.14 -0.20  -1.68   0.13  0.14  0.32
             -50501.5

ESOC         50472.5        -0.33 -0.57          0.15  0.26
             -50501.5

NRCan        50479.5        -0.09 -0.61  10.38   0.18  0.15  0.17
             -50508.5

GFZ          50472.5        -0.21 -0.30          0.11  0.12
             -50501.5

NOAA         50475.5        -0.57 -0.62          0.34  0.42
             -50504.5

USNO         50479.5        -0.54 -0.99          0.36  0.69
             -50508.5

IGS Final    50472.5        -0.25 -0.31          0.07  0.10
             -50501.5

IGS Rapid    50482.5        -0.23 -0.32  -0.16   0.18  0.17  0.03
             -50511.5

Plots of the residuals are available by FAX to anyone interested.
--
Dennis D. McCarthy                       [email-masked]
Director, Directorate of Time            phone: (202) 762-1837
U.S. Naval Observatory                   fax: (202) 762-1563
Washington, DC 20392-5420

[Mailed From: Dennis McCarthy <[email-masked]>]