Subject: [IGSREPORT-3498] Wk 0894 GPS Earth Orientation
From: Dennis McCarthy
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 7:49:18 PST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Report    Thu Feb 27  7:49:18 PST 1997      Message Number 3498
******************************************************************************

Author: Dennis McCarthy
Subject: Wk 0894 GPS Earth Orientation

From:     Dennis McCarthy
Subject:  Preliminary look at GPS Earth orientation
Date:     27 February 1997

An updated look at Earth orientation data submitted to the IERS
follows.  All GPS data are assumed to have adopted ITRF94 and so all
statistics are referred to that reference system.  Units are
milliseconds of arc for x and y, and milliseconds of time for
UT1-UTC.

     Below is the information provided for only the last thirty data
points sent by each contributor.

Contributor Data Span              Mean          Standard Deviation
                                (NEOS-GPS)
                              x     y  UT1-UTC    x     y  UT1-UTC

Scripps      50458.5        -1.15 -0.90          1.59  0.79
             -50494.5

CODE         50472.5        -0.30  0.02 -19.66   0.11  0.15  0.23
             -50501.5

JPL          50465.5        -0.17 -0.19  -1.35   0.11  0.13  0.40
             -50494.5

ESOC         50472.5        -0.32 -0.56          0.16  0.26
             -50501.5

NRCan        50472.5        -0.13 -0.65  10.24   0.17  0.18  0.26
             -50501.5

GFZ          50465.5        -0.21 -0.33          0.09  0.12
             -50494.5

NOAA         50469.5        -0.51 -0.64          0.33  0.41
             -50498.5

USNO         50472.5        -0.58 -0.81          0.32  0.64
             -50501.5

IGS Final    50465.5        -0.25 -0.33          0.08  0.10
             -50494.5

IGS Rapid    50475.5        -0.21 -0.33          0.24  0.18
             -50504.5

Plots of the residuals are available by FAX to anyone interested.
--
Dennis D. McCarthy                       [email-masked]
Director, Directorate of Time            phone: (202) 762-1837
U.S. Naval Observatory                   fax: (202) 762-1563
Washington, DC 20392-5420

[Mailed From: Dennis McCarthy <[email-masked]>]