Subject: [IGSREPORT-3472] Wk 0893 GPS Earth Orientation
From: Dennis McCarthy
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 9:00:28 PST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Report    Thu Feb 20  9:00:28 PST 1997      Message Number 3472
******************************************************************************

Author: Dennis McCarthy
Subject: Wk 0893 GPS Earth Orientation

From:     Dennis McCarthy
Subject:  Preliminary look at GPS Earth orientation
Date:     20 February 1997

An updated look at Earth orientation data submitted to the IERS
follows.  All GPS data are assumed to have adopted ITRF94 and so all
statistics are referred to that reference system.  Units are
milliseconds of arc for x and y, and milliseconds of time for
UT1-UTC.

     Below is the information provided for only the last thirty data
points sent by each contributor.

Contributor Data Span              Mean          Standard Deviation
                                (NEOS-GPS)
                              x     y  UT1-UTC    x     y  UT1-UTC

Scripps      50451.5        -1.50 -0.96          1.54  0.74
             -50480.5

CODE         50465.5        -0.29  0.02 -19.86   0.09  0.19  0.26
             -50494.5

JPL          50458.5        -0.18 -0.17  -0.99   0.12  0.13  0.55
             -50487.5

ESOC         50458.5        -0.22 -0.57          0.20  0.25
             -50487.5

NRCan        50464.5        -0.12 -0.61   9.97   0.20  0.18  0.30
             -50493.5

GFZ          50458.5        -0.22 -0.36          0.08  0.12
             -50487.5

NOAA         50465.5        -0.55 -0.56          0.31  0.42
             -50494.5

USNO         50468.5        -0.61 -0.67          0.34  0.44
             -50497.5

IGS Final    50458.5        -0.25 -0.36          0.07  0.09
             -50487.5

IGS Rapid    50468.5        -0.28 -0.29          0.14  0.20
             -50497.5

Plots of the residuals are available by FAX to anyone interested.
--
Dennis D. McCarthy                       [email-masked]
Director, Directorate of Time            phone: (202) 762-1837
U.S. Naval Observatory                   fax: (202) 762-1563
Washington, DC 20392-5420

[Mailed From: Dennis McCarthy <[email-masked]>]