Subject: [IGSREPORT-3450] Wk 0892 GPS Earth Orientation
From: Dennis McCarthy
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 11:50:13 PST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Report    Thu Feb 13 11:50:13 PST 1997      Message Number 3450
******************************************************************************

Author: Dennis McCarthy
Subject: Wk 0892 GPS Earth Orientation

From:     Dennis McCarthy
Subject:  Preliminary look at GPS Earth orientation
Date:     13 February 1997

An updated look at Earth orientation data submitted to the IERS
follows.  All GPS data are assumed to have adopted ITRF94 and so all
statistics are referred to that reference system.  Units are
milliseconds of arc for x and y, and milliseconds of time for
UT1-UTC.

     Below is the information provided for only the last thirty data
points sent by each contributor.

Contributor Data Span              Mean          Standard Deviation
                                (NEOS-GPS)
                              x     y  UT1-UTC    x     y  UT1-UTC

Scripps      50451.5        -1.50 -0.96          1.54  0.75
             -50480.5

CODE         50456.5        -0.28 -0.09 -20.10   0.09  0.14  0.20
             -50485.5

JPL          50451.5        -0.19 -0.15  -0.56   0.13  0.12  0.66
             -50480.5

ESOC         50451.5        -0.19 -0.58          0.18  0.23
             -50480.5

NRCan        50457.5        -0.12 -0.59   9.73   0.15  0.23  0.32
             -50486.5

GFZ          50451.5        -0.23 -0.40          0.11  0.11
             -50480.5

NOAA         50460.5        -0.55 -0.61          0.36  0.45
             -50489.5

USNO         50459.5        -0.50 -0.51          0.35  0.40
             -50488.5

IGS Final    50451.5        -0.26 -0.36          0.08  0.09
             -50480.5

IGS Rapid    50461.5        -0.32 -0.28          0.30  0.26
             -50490.5

Plots of the residuals are available by FAX to anyone interested.
--
Dennis D. McCarthy                       [email-masked]
Director, Directorate of Time            phone: (202) 762-1837
U.S. Naval Observatory                   fax: (202) 762-1563
Washington, DC 20392-5420

[Mailed From: Dennis McCarthy <[email-masked]>]