Subject: [IGSREPORT-3410] Wk 0890 GPS Earth Orientation
From: Dennis McCarthy
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 1997 6:00:46 PST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Report    Fri Jan 31  6:00:46 PST 1997      Message Number 3410
******************************************************************************

Author: Dennis McCarthy
Subject: Wk 0890 GPS Earth Orientation

From:     Dennis McCarthy
Subject:  Preliminary look at GPS Earth orientation
Date:     30 January 1996

An updated look at Earth orientation data submitted to the IERS
follows.  All GPS data are assumed to have adopted ITRF94 and so all
statistics are referred to that reference system.  Units are
milliseconds of arc for x and y, and milliseconds of time for
UT1-UTC.

     Below is the information provided for only the last thirty data
points sent by each contributor.

Contributor Data Span              Mean          Standard Deviation
                                (NEOS-GPS)
                              x     y  UT1-UTC    x     y  UT1-UTC

Scripps      50437.5        -1.81 -1.40          1.34  1.14
             -50466.5

CODE         50444.5        -0.20 -0.05 -20.34   0.11  0.15  0.10
             -50473.5

JPL          50437.5        -0.15 -0.14   0.50   0.16  0.11  0.71
             -50466.5

ESOC         50437.5        -0.21 -0.54          0.24  0.20
             -50466.5

NRCan        50444.5        -0.12 -0.58   9.21   0.23  0.24  0.30
             -50473.5

GFZ          50444.5        -0.19 -0.40          0.14  0.11
             -50473.5

NOAA         50443.5        -0.39 -0.49          0.29  0.38
             -50472.5

USNO         50444.5        -0.47 -0.45          0.36  0.23
             -50473.5

IGS Final    50437.5        -0.22 -0.35          0.10  0.10
             -50466.5

IGS Rapid    50447.5        -0.19 -0.40          0.24  0.28
             -50476.5

Plots of the residuals are available by FAX to anyone interested.
--
Dennis D. McCarthy                       [email-masked]
Director, Directorate of Time            phone: (202) 762-1837
U.S. Naval Observatory                   fax: (202) 762-1563
Washington, DC 20392-5420

[Mailed From: Dennis McCarthy <[email-masked]>]