Subject: [IGSREPORT-3381] Wk 0889 GPS Earth Orientation
From: Dennis McCarthy
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 10:01:43 PST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Report    Thu Jan 23 10:01:43 PST 1997      Message Number 3381
******************************************************************************

Author: Dennis McCarthy
Subject: Wk 0889 GPS Earth Orientation

From:     Dennis McCarthy
Subject:  Preliminary look at GPS Earth orientation
Date:     23 January 1996

An updated look at Earth orientation data submitted to the IERS
follows.  All GPS data are assumed to have adopted ITRF94 and so all
statistics are referred to that reference system.  Units are
milliseconds of arc for x and y, and milliseconds of time for
UT1-UTC.

     Below is the information provided for only the last thirty data
points sent by each contributor.

Contributor Data Span              Mean          Standard Deviation
                                (NEOS-GPS)
                              x     y  UT1-UTC    x     y  UT1-UTC

Scripps      50430.5        -1.65 -1.52          0.93  1.26
             -50459.5

CODE         50437.5        -0.16 -0.01 -20.43   0.13  0.15  0.11
             -50466.5

JPL          50430.5        -0.19 -0.12   1.01   0.14  0.11  0.68
             -50459.5

ESOC         50430.5        -0.29 -0.58          0.20  0.22
             -50459.5

NRCan        50437.5        -0.14 -0.57   8.99   0.22  0.25  0.28
             -50466.5

GFZ          50437.5        -0.23 -0.44          0.15  0.10
             -50466.5

NOAA         50436.5        -0.36 -0.48          0.29  0.36
             -50465.5

USNO         50437.5        -0.42 -0.46          0.34  0.24
             -50466.5

IGS Final    50430.5        -0.23 -0.34          0.10  0.11
             -50459.5

IGS Rapid    50440.5        -0.22 -0.43          0.23  0.33
             -50469.5

Plots of the residuals are available by FAX to anyone interested.
--
Dennis D. McCarthy                       [email-masked]
Director, Directorate of Time            phone: (202) 762-1837
U.S. Naval Observatory                   fax: (202) 762-1563
Washington, DC 20392-5420

[Mailed From: Dennis McCarthy <[email-masked]>]