Subject: [IGSREPORT-3288] Wk 0876 MIT T2 RNAAC Analyis Report
From: Thomas Herring
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 1996 7:09:40 PST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Report    Sun Dec 22  7:09:40 PST 1996      Message Number 3288
******************************************************************************

Author: Thomas Herring
Subject: Wk 0876 MIT T2 RNAAC Analyis Report

********************************************************************************
MIT R/GNAAC  ANALYSIS REPORT GPS-WEEK 0876    Dates: 96oct20  to  96oct26 
********************************************************************************

MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) 
Room 54-618
77 Massachusetts Avenue, 
Cambridge,  MA  02139
e-mail: [email-masked] 
tel:    (617)253-5941 (Tom Herring)
fax:    (617)253-1699

PRODUCTS GENERATED:
The following products are generated and uploaded into CDDIS @ NASA/GSFC
   MIT0876p.SNX   RNAAC combination sinex file from all available analysis centers
                  with the GNAAC sinex files.
   MIT0876p.SUM   Name of this summary file

1.0 Analysis Procedures:

(1) Each centers sinex solutions are de-constrained before
 combination.  When center constraints are available, the
 constraints are loosened to +-1 meters.
 
(2) Covariance matrices from each center are re-scaled based
 on the change in chi**2 when the RNAAC's sinex file is
 combined with the loose combination of the GNAAC's 
 sinex files.  To generate reasonable sigmas, the scale factor
 is set at 0.3 times the chi**2/degree of freedom increment.
 
(3) The tight solution is generated with the following constraints on
 the ITRF94 core sites.  In this analysis, the loose g-sinex file
 is combined with the RNAAC sinex files.
           Sig N Sig E Sig U
           (m)    (m)   (m)
     TROM  0.004 0.004 0.004 
     MADR  0.003 0.003 0.003 
     KOSG  0.003 0.003 0.005 
     WETT  0.002 0.002 0.003 
     HART  0.004 0.004 0.004 
     ALGO  0.003 0.003 0.003 
     YELL  0.003 0.003 0.004  
     GOLD  0.004 0.004 0.005 
     FAIR  0.003 0.003 0.003 
     KOKB  0.003 0.003 0.003  
     SANT  0.004 0.004 0.004  
     TIDB  0.004 0.004 0.004 
     YAR1  0.004 0.004 0.005  

Earth rotation parameters are estimated for each center (even when not given
in the original SINEX files.  In this case the partial derivatives are
computed from the station coordinates).

(4) The summary below gives 
    (a) The RMS difference between the GNAAC loose analysis and
the GNAAC+RNAAC loose analysis.  If this RMS is small then the 
RNAAC combination is not effecting the global coordinates solution
significiantly.
    (b) For each RNAAC Center we give:
        (b.1)  the VARIANCE rescaling factors used (determined as 
discussed above) and
        (b.2)  the adjustment to the apriori coordinates
of the sites for each RNAAC which are not included in the GNAAC
analyses.  The apriori coordinates are based on the analysis
of the first five weeks of RNAAC sinex files.  When an RNAAC
has no unique sites, the adjustments are given for all sites
in the center based on the analysis from that center alone.
 
 SUMMARY OF POSITIONS FOR WEEK 0876
 
 IMPACT OF RNAACs on GNAAC Loose solution
 RMS change over  101  stations: .85 mm
 
 CENTER RESULTS
 
 For Center EUR VARIANCE FACTOR 10.89
 Site       dN     +-         dE     +-         dU    +-   Center
           (mm)   (mm)       (mm)   (mm)      (mm)   (mm) 
 BOGO       0.8    1.2       -0.4    1.2      -15.4    2.7 Center EUR
 CAGL       2.0    1.2       -1.3    1.3       -7.1    2.3 Center EUR
 DELF       8.9    1.2      -13.8    1.2      -11.2    2.2 Center EUR
 DENT       8.3    1.2      -16.9    1.2       -5.7    2.4 Center EUR
 DOUR       7.6    1.2      -10.6    1.2       -9.9    2.4 Center EUR
 EBRE       0.8    1.2        2.4    1.3       18.5    3.3 Center EUR
 HFLK       0.8    1.2       -3.6    1.2       -6.7    2.0 Center EUR
 MEDI      -0.8    1.2        2.6    1.3      -14.6    2.3 Center EUR
 NOTO       6.4    1.3        2.0    1.3      -22.8    2.9 Center EUR
 PENC       1.4    1.2        2.7    1.3      -11.8    2.9 Center EUR
 SFER       6.1    1.3        2.2    1.3       -5.3    3.9 Center EUR
 VENE       4.5    1.3       -3.3    1.3      -33.4    3.6 Center EUR
 WARE       7.7    1.2      -12.5    1.3       -4.1    2.9 Center EUR
 
 For Center GIA VARIANCE FACTOR 8.08
 Site       dN     +-         dE     +-         dU    +-   Center
           (mm)   (mm)       (mm)   (mm)      (mm)   (mm) 
 AIS1     -15.2    1.6        9.7    2.4      -95.6    5.3 Center GIA
 BAY1      -5.6    1.8        8.8    3.0     -124.5    6.2 Center GIA
 CHI2      18.1    3.3        5.1    6.7       38.0   12.5 Center GIA
 CLGO     -19.4    1.8       12.4    2.6       -0.1    6.1 Center GIA
 GUS1     -11.0    1.5       16.1    2.2      -74.8    4.7 Center GIA
 KDK1       1.1    1.7        8.6    2.6     -109.5    5.8 Center GIA
 KEN1     -10.5    1.5        3.5    2.2      -88.7    4.8 Center GIA
 POT1      17.7    6.8        5.3    9.6       37.7   19.5 Center GIA
 
 For Center GSI VARIANCE FACTOR 1.82
 Site       dN     +-         dE     +-         dU    +-   Center
           (mm)   (mm)       (mm)   (mm)      (mm)   (mm) 
 CCJM      -1.4    2.0       28.5    3.1       -9.1    8.0 Center GSI
 KNYA      -8.7    1.9       17.4    2.4       14.2    5.5 Center GSI
 MZSW       4.4    1.8        7.5    1.9      -10.2    5.1 Center GSI
 OKNW      -7.5    2.0       17.3    2.6      -19.5    5.7 Center GSI
 STKW       2.0    1.8       16.6    1.9        3.6    4.9 Center GSI
 TKBA       6.4    1.8        9.7    1.9        2.1    4.8 Center GSI
 TOHK       2.5    1.8       14.2    2.0      -24.8    4.7 Center GSI
 
 For Center PGC VARIANCE FACTOR 1
 Site       dN     +-         dE     +-         dU    +-   Center
           (mm)   (mm)       (mm)   (mm)      (mm)   (mm) 
 HOLB       1.2    1.4        0.5    1.7       -7.1    4.5 Center PGC
 NANO      -3.0    1.3        3.0    1.7        5.4    3.6 Center PGC
 NEAH      -1.6    1.3        4.7    1.7        4.6    4.1 Center PGC
 UCLU       0.7    1.3        9.9    1.7       -4.7    4.2 Center PGC
 WSLR      -4.0    1.3       -3.0    1.6       -2.6    3.3 Center PGC
 
 For Center SIR VARIANCE FACTOR 21.74
 Site       dN     +-         dE     +-         dU    +-   Center
           (mm)   (mm)       (mm)   (mm)      (mm)   (mm) 
No uniques sites for center  SIR
Giving coordinate adjustments for all sites
 ASC1       4.7    7.0       75.5   18.2        0.3   20.0 Center SIR
 FORT       6.6    5.2       17.3    9.5      -32.6   20.4 Center SIR
 BRAZ      -7.6    2.6       10.9    5.8      -55.6   22.0 Center SIR
 KOUR      18.3    7.9       -5.1    4.8      -47.8   20.0 Center SIR
 OHIG     -40.6   20.0        9.5    4.3      -17.5   16.3 Center SIR
 LPGS     -27.5    9.4        0.9    2.1      -53.1   19.7 Center SIR
 CRO1      36.9   12.3      -11.9    4.3     -102.5   18.6 Center SIR
 BRMU      49.5   16.9       -4.6    4.8      -58.2   15.8 Center SIR
 SANT     -19.8    8.5      -11.2    5.2      -49.6   19.3 Center SIR
 AREQ      -3.8    2.3      -10.2    6.0      -42.2   20.3 Center SIR
 BOGT      14.2    7.9      -17.2   10.2      -38.0   23.6 Center SIR
 EISL       0.6    5.2      -57.1   19.2      -86.0   17.1 Center SIR

[Mailed From: Tom Herring <[email-masked]>]