Subject: [IGSREPORT-1904] Wk 0811 GPS Earth Orientation
From: Dennis McCarthy
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 1995 11:21:32 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Report    Thu Jul 27 11:21:32 PDT 1995      Message Number 1904
******************************************************************************

Author: Dennis McCarthy
Subject: Wk 0811 GPS Earth Orientation

From:     Dennis McCarthy
Subject:  Preliminary look at GPS Earth orientation
Date:     27 July 1995

An updated look at Earth orientation data submitted to the IERS
follows.  Data reduced in the ITRF93 have been used where available. 
Means refer to the ITRF93 for all contributors.  Units are
milliseconds of arc for x and y, and milliseconds of time for
UT1-UTC.

Contributor Data Span Points       Mean          Standard Deviation
                                (NEOS-GPS)
                              x     y  UT1-UTC    x     y  UT1-UTC

Scripps      48780.5  1124  -0.77 -0.10          1.00  0.82
             -49906.5

CODE         48792.5  1129   0.40  0.15  -2.81   0.56  0.66  4.10
             -49920.5

JPL          48794.5   994   0.11 -0.39          0.47  0.45
             -49913.5

             49648.5   260               -0.79               0.80
             -49913.5

ESOC         48794.5  1120   0.15 -0.32          0.89  1.07
             -49913.5

NRCan        48830.5  1045   0.29  0.40          0.53  0.79
             -49920.5
                       897                1.81               2.01

GFZ          48997.5   921  -0.02  0.01          0.37  0.36
             -49913.5

NOAA         48988.5   919  -0.17  0.12          0.93  1.06
             -49921.5

Plots of the residuals are available by FAX to anyone interested.

     Below is the same information as above provided for only the
last thirty data points sent by each contributor.

Contributor Data Span              Mean          Standard Deviation
                                (NEOS-GPS)
                              x     y  UT1-UTC    x     y  UT1-UTC

Scripps      49877.5         0.74 -0.58          0.67  0.51
             -49906.5

CODE         49891.5         0.44  0.03 -11.84   0.16  0.21  0.22
             -49920.5

JPL          49884.5         0.08 -0.05  -1.88   0.27  0.19  0.26
             -49913.5

ESOC         49884.5         0.01 -0.94          0.33  0.31
             -49913.5

NRCan        49891.5         0.07 -0.41   5.02   0.24  0.31  0.08
             -49920.5

GFZ          49884.5        -0.06 -0.31          0.23  0.18
             -49913.5

NOAA         49892.5        -0.03 -0.08          0.35  0.36
             -49921.5
--
Dennis D. McCarthy                       [email-masked]
Head, Earth Orientation Department       phone: (202) 653-0066
U.S. Naval Observatory                   fax: (202) 653-0587
Washington, DC 20392-5420

[Mailed From: Dennis McCarthy <[email-masked]>]