Subject: [IGSREPORT-147] Preliminary look at GPS Earth orientation
From: Dennis McCarthy
Date: 22 FEB 1993 00:00:00

From:     Dennis McCarthy
Subject:  Preliminary look at GPS Earth orientation
---------------------------------------------------

Date:     22 February 1993

An updated look at Earth orientation data submitted to the IERS
follows.  Units are milliseconds of arc for x and y, and
milliseconds of time for UT1-UTC.

Contributor Data Span Points       Mean          Standard Deviation
                                (NEOS-GPS)  
                              x     y   UT1-UTC   x     y   UT1-UTC
U. of Texas  48794.5    76  -1.89 -3.11          0.82  0.63  
             -48880.5

Scripps      48780.5   208  -1.58 -0.95          0.65  0.55
             -49024.5     

U. of Berne  48792.5     8  -0.89  1.21  -0.28   1.52  1.88  0.13 
 (ITRF90)    -48799.5

U. of Berne  48800.5   227  -0.45 -0.11  -3.16   0.93  0.82  1.09 
(ITRF91)     -49026.5

JPL          48794.5   192  -0.82  0.03          0.79  0.69 
             -49017.5

GFZ          48795.0   107  -2.33 -2.01          1.13  1.12
             -48925.5

ESOC         48794.5   231  -1.14 -0.79          1.44  1.86
             -49024.5

EMR          48838.5   148  -0.88  0.24          1.04  0.72
             -49031.5
                        88                0.23               1.38

Plots are available by FAX to anyone interested.

Regards,

Dennis McCarthy
  [email-masked]