Subject: [IGSREPORT-1367] Wk 0775 GPS Earth Orientation
From: Dennis McCarthy
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 1994 8:47:44 PST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Report    Thu Nov 17  8:47:44 PST 1994      Message Number 1367
******************************************************************************

Author: Dennis McCarthy
Subject: Wk 0775 GPS Earth Orientation

From:     Dennis McCarthy
Subject:  Preliminary look at GPS Earth orientation
Date:     17 November 1994

An updated look at Earth orientation data submitted to the IERS
follows.  Data reduced in the ITRF92 have been used where available. 
Means refer to the ITRF92 for those contributors who have reported
estimates in the ITRF92 (CODE, ESOC, NRCan, JPL, and GFZ).  Units are
milliseconds of arc for x and y, and milliseconds of time for
UT1-UTC.

Contributor Data Span Points       Mean          Standard Deviation
                                (NEOS-GPS)
                              x     y  UT1-UTC    x     y  UT1-UTC

Scripps      48780.5   879  -1.42 -1.53          0.81  0.83
             -49661.5

CODE         48792.5   877   0.11 -1.23  -1.11   0.61  0.75  2.84
             -49668.5

JPL          48794.5   836   0.03 -1.41          0.58  0.65
             -49661.5

ESOC         48794.5   868  -0.20 -1.77          0.96  1.17
             -49661.5

NRCan        48830.5   793  -0.09 -0.95          0.57  0.82
             -49668.5
                       646                0.89               1.49

GFZ          48997.5   669  -0.42 -1.52          0.37  0.37
             -49661.5

NOAA         48988.5   667  -0.56 -1.42          1.04  1.17
             -49669.5

Plots of the residuals are available by FAX to anyone interested.

     Below is the same information as above provided for only the
last thirty data points sent by each contributor.

Contributor Data Span              Mean          Standard Deviation
                                (NEOS-GPS)
                              x     y  UT1-UTC    x     y  UT1-UTC

Scripps      49632.5        -0.98 -1.79          0.55  0.29
             -49661.5

CODE         49639.5        -0.14 -1.60  -5.99   0.39  0.30  0.27
             -49668.5

JPL          49632.5         0.10 -1.71          0.45  0.30
             -49661.5

ESOC         49632.5         0.01 -2.04          0.43  0.35
             -49661.5

NRCan        49639.5        -0.47 -2.18          0.48  0.36
             -49668.5

             49639.5                      3.79               0.11
             -49668.5 

GFZ          49632.5        -0.30 -1.52          0.46  0.27
             -49661.5

NOAA         49640.5        -1.22 -1.33          0.61  0.63
             -49669.5
--
Dennis D. McCarthy                       [email-masked]
Head, Earth Orientation Department       phone: (202) 653-0066
U.S. Naval Observatory                   fax: (202) 653-0587
Washington, DC 20392-5420

[Mailed From: Dennis McCarthy <[email-masked]>]