Subject: [IGSREPORT-127] Preliminary look at GPS Earth orientation
From: Dennis McCarthy
Date: 08 FEB 1993 00:00:00

From:     Dennis McCarthy
Subject:  Preliminary look at GPS Earth orientation
---------------------------------------------------

Date:     8 February 1993

An updated look at Earth orientation data submitted to the IERS
follows.  Units are milliseconds of arc for x and y, and
milliseconds of time for UT1-UTC.

Contributor Data Span Points       Mean          Standard Deviation
                                (NEOS-GPS)  
                              x     y   UT1-UTC   x     y   UT1-UTC
U. of Texas  48794.5    76  -1.89 -3.11          0.82  0.63  
             -48880.5

Scripps      48780.5   194  -1.56 -1.15          0.70  0.55
             -49010.5     

U. of Berne  48792.5     8  -0.89  1.21  -0.28   1.52  1.88  0.13 
 (ITRF90)    -48799.5

U. of Berne  48800.5   214  -0.42 -0.16  -3.19   0.96  0.82  1.14 
(ITRF91)     -49013.5

JPL          48794.5   178  -0.86  0.02          0.77  0.70 
             -49003.5

GFZ          48795.0   107  -2.31 -2.06          1.13  1.13
             -48925.5

ESOC         48794.5   224  -1.19 -0.79          1.49  1.87
             -49017.5

EMR          48838.5   134  -0.93  0.21          1.15  0.81
             -49017.5
                        76                0.31               1.46

Plots are available by FAX to anyone interested.

Regards,

Dennis McCarthy
  [email-masked]