Subject: [IGSREPORT-12123] Wk 1303 IGS SINEX Combination
From: "Remi Ferland" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 09:28:34 -0500 (EST)

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Report   10 Jan 06:28:33 PST 2005      Message Number 12123
******************************************************************************

Author:  R. Ferland , D. Hutchison

===================================================================
 Combined AC  solution for GPS week 1303 -  04/12/26 to 05/01/01
===================================================================

1) Contacts:
============
e-mail: [email-masked]
Tel:    (613)995-4002 (Remi Ferland)
Fax:    (613)995-3215

2) Products:
============
All products are available at cddisa.gsfc.nasa.gov and at garner.ucsd.edu

igs04P1303.snx  Combined weekly solution. 
igs04P1303.erp  Daily Earth Rotation Parameters.
igs00p02.erp    Daily Earth Rotation Parameters since GPS week 1013.
IGS04P52.snx    Cumulative Combined solution. 
igs04P1303.sum  This file.
igs04P1303.itr  Residuals between the AC and the IGb00 for the RF stations. 
igs04P1303.res  Residuals between the AC and the Combined Weekly solution.
IGS04P52.res    Residuals between the AC and the Cumulative Combined solution.
 
Where IGSyyPww & igsyyPwwww represent:
      yy      Last 2 digits of the year
      ww      week in year yy
      wwww    GPS week
      P       GPS technique used

3) Combination Strategy:
========================

       The AC solutions are processed using the following procedure:

3-1) The AC solutions are checked/corrected for possible format problems,
     station names inconsistencies, etc...
3-2) The AC solutions are unconstrained according to the information provided
     in the SOLUTION/APRIORI Block.
3-3) The AC solutions are aligned (using a 7-parameters) and compared to the
     IGb00 stations at the current epoch.
     ftp://igscb.jpl.nasa.gov/igscb/station/coord/IGS03P33_RS99.SNX.Z
3-4) The AC are compared to IGb00, to each other, to the previous week
     solution and to the cumulative solution in order to identify and remove
     outliers.
3-5) The weekly AC solutions are combined and added to the cumulative
     combined solution. The cumulative combination is done to ensures 14
     parameters singularity.

     The weekly combined solution is aligned to the IGb00 of the current
     epoch using a 7-parameters transformation. The singular cumulative
     combined solution is aligned to the IGb00 of the reference epoch
     using a 14-parameters transformation and the 99 ITRF station positions
     and velocities. The IGb00 is a realization of ITRF2000.

     For more details, see:
     Blewitt, G., C. Boucher and J. Kouba, 1997, Procedure for ITRF continuous
       realization, the report of the IGS GB, presented to the IGS Governing 
       Board Meeting held in San Francisco, Dec. 11.
     Kouba, J., J. Ray and M.M. Watkins, IGS Reference Frame Realization, 1998
       IGS Analysis Center Workshop Proceedings, European Space Operations
       Centre, Darmstadt, Germany.

The combination software was developed at NRCan.

4) Remarks:
===========

     ITR = IGS03P33_RS99.SNX
     igs = igs04P1303.snx
     IGS = IGS04P52.snx

     BuA = IERS Bulletin A

     gfz ngs excluded from the geocenter estimation (Sec. 5-4).

     Solutions with manual station deletion:
         After unconstraining:
             jpl  WUHN
             mit  BRST  GUAO

     4-1) Starting with GPS week 1143, the solutions are aligned to the
     IGS03P33_RS99.SNX realization of ITRF2000.

     4-2) Starting with GPS week 1078, UT1-UTC from IERS Bulletin A
     is included in the erp files.

5) Results:
===========

5-1)      AC (Variance Factor)^0.5 estimates:
==================================================
           The residuals used in the estimation of the Variance Factor
           are the differences between the cumulative combined solution
           and each AC weekly solution.
           SF = (Variance Factor)^0.5 = (Chi^2/dof)^0.5
           Final(SF) = Apriori(SF) * Aposteriori(SF)

Solution       |# sta| #RF |    Apriori(SF)|Aposteriori(SF)|      Final(SF)|
---------------|-----|-----|---------------|---------------|---------------|
cod            | 162 |  76 |        30.363 |         1.039 |        31.536 |
emr            |  49 |  36 |         6.111 |         1.251 |         7.647 |
MIT            | 139 |  65 |         3.319 |         1.047 |         3.475 |
sio            | 169 |  81 |         2.976 |         1.033 |         3.073 |
igs            | 216 |  85 |         1.513 |         0.873 |         1.321 |
---------------|-----|-----|---------------|---------------|---------------|

5-2)      Solution Residuals weighted Average & STD :
=====================================================

5-2-1)    With respect to the IGb00 stations:
=============================================

Solution       |  Weighted Average (mm)    |          STD (mm)         |
               |      N        E        U  |      N        E        U  |
---------------|---------------------------|---------------------------|
cod         75 |     0.2      0.2      0.4 |     3.2      4.0     12.4 |
emr         36 |    -0.6      0.4      1.9 |     4.7      3.4     13.3 |
MIT         65 |     0.2      0.2      0.8 |     3.2      4.2     11.7 |
sio         81 |     0.4      0.4     -0.3 |     3.8      4.1      9.0 |
---------------|---------------------------|---------------------------|

5-2-2)    With respect to the Weekly Combination:
=================================================

Solution       |  Weighted Average (mm)    |          STD (mm)         |
               |      N        E        U  |      N        E        U  |
---------------|---------------------------|---------------------------|
cod        161 |    -0.8     -0.1     -0.6 |     1.2      1.1      4.3 |
emr         48 |    -2.0     -0.1      0.0 |     2.1      1.0      7.9 |
MIT        125 |    -0.2     -0.3     -0.8 |     1.2      1.3      3.8 |
sio        156 |    -0.0      0.1      0.5 |     2.2      2.2      5.4 |
ITR         84 |    -0.6     -0.2     -0.8 |     2.7      3.5     10.7 |
---------------|---------------------------|---------------------------|

5-2-3)    With respect to the Cumulative Combination:
=====================================================

Solution       |  Weighted Average (mm)    |          STD (mm)         |
               |      N        E        U  |      N        E        U  |
---------------|---------------------------|---------------------------|
cod        129 |     0.1      0.5     -0.1 |     3.0      3.3      9.2 |
emr         45 |    -1.3     -0.5      2.2 |     4.2      4.2     11.0 |
MIT        108 |     0.3      0.0     -0.3 |     2.4      3.5      7.9 |
sio        142 |     1.0      0.4      0.0 |     3.9      4.5      7.8 |
igs        162 |     0.7      0.4     -0.0 |     2.5      3.5      6.8 |
ITR         91 |    -0.4      0.0     -0.5 |     1.2      1.2      3.8 |
---------------|---------------------------|---------------------------|

5-3)      7-Parameters Transformation: AC ----> IGS03P33_RS99.snx
=================================================================

5-3-1)    Estimates : 
=====================

Solution       |    R X      R Y      R Z      T X      T Y      T Z      SCL  |
               |   (mas)    (mas)    (mas)     (mm)     (mm)     (mm)    (ppb) |
---------------|---------------------------------------------------------------|
cod            |  -0.036    0.045    0.001     13.7     11.7      4.2     3.00 |
emr            |  -0.003   -0.049    0.032      5.6     10.4     -9.5     4.16 |
MIT            |   0.186   -0.064    0.005      8.0     10.6     36.1     3.81 |
sio            |  -0.078   -0.011    0.031     18.5      8.7     49.6     3.21 |
---------------|---------------------------------------------------------------|

5-3-2)    STD : 
===============

Solution       |    R X      R Y      R Z      T X      T Y      T Z      SCL  |
               |   (mas)    (mas)    (mas)     (mm)     (mm)     (mm)    (ppb) |
---------------|---------------------------------------------------------------|
cod            |   0.046    0.047    0.051      1.2      1.2      1.2     0.19 |
emr            |   0.062    0.065    0.077      1.7      1.7      1.7     0.26 |
MIT            |   0.048    0.050    0.054      1.3      1.3      1.3     0.20 |
sio            |   0.044    0.045    0.050      1.2      1.2      1.1     0.18 |
---------------|---------------------------------------------------------------|

5-4)      Geocenter:
====================

               |      X        Y        Z  |    s X      s Y      s Z  |
               |    (mm)     (mm)     (mm) |    (mm)     (mm)     (mm) |
---------------|---------------------------|---------------------------|
igs            |    12.1      9.7     13.8 |     4.9      5.1      7.4 |
---------------|---------------------------|---------------------------|

5-5)      ERP Residuals Weighted Average & STD :
================================================

5-5-1)    Weighted Average :
============================

Solution       |      UT       LOD       XPO      XPOR       YPO      YPOR  |
               |      us        us    .01mas    .01ma/d   .01mas    .01ma/d |
---------------|------------------------------------------------------------|
cod            |     ---       -0.8      -3.5       ---       0.6       --- |
emr            |     ---       16.9      -0.9      11.0      -3.9      13.5 |
MIT            |     ---      -15.6       1.8       0.8       1.6      -1.8 |
sio            |     ---       -4.1       0.5       0.7       6.4       0.6 |
ITR            |     ---        ---       ---       ---       ---       --- |
BuA            |     ---       -3.8      -3.4      -4.9      32.9       1.1 |
---------------|------------------------------------------------------------|

5-5-2)    STD :
===============

Solution       |      UT       LOD       XPO      XPOR       YPO      YPOR  |
               |      us        us    .01mas    .01ma/d   .01mas    .01ma/d |
---------------|------------------------------------------------------------|
cod            |     ---        3.3       1.4       ---       2.7       --- |
emr            |     ---        8.8       3.8       8.5       2.6       9.1 |
MIT            |     ---        5.1       1.9       4.8       2.2       7.8 |
sio            |     ---        2.9       0.9       9.8       2.3      12.9 |
ITR            |     ---        ---       ---       ---       ---       --- |
BuA            |     ---       12.0       5.4      12.9       7.4      15.6 |
---------------|------------------------------------------------------------|

5-6)      Outliers:
===================

Thresholds set at 5 sigmas and 50 mm.

 Solution             Solution           |  Station   |    N       E       U  |
              Minus                      |code id soln|   (mm)    (mm)    (mm)|
-----------------------------------------|------------|-----------------------|
                                         |            |                       |
IGS03P33_RS99.snx    cod13037.snx        |GOUG  A ----|    0.6     4.5    61.7|
                                         |            |                       |
IGS03P33_RS99.snx    MIT13037.snx        |MAC1  A ----|   19.7     5.9     7.7|
                                         |            |                       |
IGS04P51.snx         cod13037.snx        |YAKT  A ----|   23.7   -25.3   -24.0|
                                         |            |                       |
IGS04P51.snx         cod13037.snx        |IISC  A ----|   -1.7   -20.2    -1.5|
IGS04P51.snx         cod13037.snx        |MAC1  A ----|   17.8     6.8     8.0|
                                         |            |                       |
IGS04P51.snx         MIT13037.snx        |IISC  A ----|    0.2   -18.1    -4.7|
IGS04P51.snx         MIT13037.snx        |TVST  A ----|  -18.5     4.0   -38.7|
                                         |            |                       |
IGS04P51.snx         sio13037.snx        |CAGS  A ----|  -18.8   -20.1    -5.1|
IGS04P51.snx         sio13037.snx        |ELAT  A ----|   -3.7   -13.1    50.5|
IGS04P51.snx         sio13037.snx        |KIRU  A ----|  -12.6    -1.7   -53.3|
                                         |            |                       |
IGS04P51.snx         igs04P1303.snx      |MAC1  A ----|   19.7     9.1     7.9|
IGS04P51.snx         igs04P1303.snx      |USUD  A ----|   13.6     1.7     1.4|
-----------------------------------------|------------|-----------------------|

5-7)      Conflicts:
====================

IERS DOMES NO    MIT    cod    emr    sio    IGS    igs
============= ====== ====== ====== ====== ====== ======
    43001M002        THU2 A THU3 A THU3 A THU3 A THU3 A
                     THU3 A        THU2 A
    40451M123 GODE A GODZ A        GODE A GODE A GODE A
    40405S038 GOL2 A 
    40405S031        GOLD A        GOL2 A GOLD A GOLD A
    50103M113 TID2 A 
    50103M108 TIDB A               TID2 A TIDB A TIDB A
                                   TIDB A
    50134M001 DARW A DARR A        DARW A DARW A DARW A
    66010M001 DAV1 A DAVR A        DAV1 A DAV1 A DAV1 A
    10422M001        KIR0 A                      KR0G A
    24201M001               ULAB A        ULAB A ULAB A
 
MISSING IERS DOMES NOS AT MIT:
-----------------------------
  HLFX A  PALM A  PUR3 A  MIA3 A  KYW1 A  MCD1 A  ARP3 A  GUAX A  UPO1 A  OUSD A
  MTJO A  HORN A  CNCL A  QUAR A  KARA A  MAC1 B  TVST A  KAYT A  MAR6 A  IENG A

MISSING IERS DOMES NOS AT sio:
-----------------------------
  KULU A  SG21 A  DOAR A  OUSD A  CNCL A  KARA A  MERS A  CAVA A  SFEL A  VOLT A
  BRAS A
IERS DOMES NO    ---    IGS    IGS    IGS    IGS    NRC    MIT    ---    cod    emr    igs    igs    sio    NRC    IGS    igs
============= ====== ====== ====== ====== ====== ====== ====== ====== ====== ====== ====== ====== ====== ====== ====== ======
    50134M001        DARR A DARW A DARW A DARW A DARW A DARW A        DARR A        DARW A DARW A DARW A DARW A DARW A DARW A
                     DARW A
    66010M001        DAV1 A DAV1 A DAV1 A DAV1 A DAV1 A DAV1 A        DAVR A        DAV1 A DAV1 A DAV1 A DAV1 A DAV1 A DAV1 A
                     DAVR A
    40451M123        GODE A GODE A GODE A GODE A GODE A GODE A        GODZ A        GODE A GODE A GODE A GODE A GODE A GODE A
                     GODZ A
    40405S031        GOL2 A GOL2 A GOLD A GOL2 A GOLD A               GOLD A        GOLD A GOLD A GOL2 A GOL2 A GOLD A GOLD A
                     GOLD A GOLD A                                                                       GOLD A
    12313M001        IRKM A IRKT A IRKT A IRKT A IRKT A IRKT A        IRKT A IRKT A IRKT A IRKT A IRKT A IRKT A IRKT A IRKT A
                     IRKT A
    10422M001        KIR0 A KR0G A        KR0G A                      KIR0 A        KR0G A KR0G A        KR0G A        KR0G A
                     KR0G A
    13407S012        MAD2 A MADR A MADR A MADR A                                    MADR A MADR A MAD2 A MADR A MADR A MADR A
                     MADR A                                                                       MADR A 
 
MISSING IERS DOMES NOS AT IGS:
-----------------------------
  ATWC A  CAVA A  DOAR A  HORN A  JSLM A  KATZ A  KAYT A  MERS A  MIA3 A  MTJO A
  NETT A  OLDL A  PALM A  PMON A  PUR2 A  QUAR A  SAMP A  SFEL A  TALA A  TELA A
  VOLT A  YAIG A
 
MISSING IERS DOMES NOS AT IGS:
-----------------------------
  ARP3 A  AZCN A  BAY1 A  BISH A  BRAS A  BRU1 A  CCV3 A  CLGO A  CNCL A  COT1 A
  DNRC A  ENG1 A  FAI2 A  GILB A  GUAX A  HBRK A  HKLO A  HVLK A  IFRN A  KARA A
  KJUN A  KULU A  LASC A  LAUG A  LMNO A  LUMC A  MCD1 A  OUSD A  PLTC A  PPT1 A
  PRCO A  SAV1 A  SG21 A  SPMX A  STRL A  TMGO A  TVST A  UPO1 A  UPO1 A  VCIO A
  WLPS A  WSMN A  ATWC A  CAVA A  DOAR A  HORN A  JSLM A  KATZ A  KAYT A  MERS A
  MIA3 A  MTJO A  NETT A  PALM A  PMON A  PUR2 A  QUAR A  SAMP A  SFEL A  TALA A
  TELA A  VOLT A  YAIG A
 
MISSING IERS DOMES NOS AT IGS:
-----------------------------
  CLGO A  UPO1 A
 
MISSING IERS DOMES NOS AT IGS:
-----------------------------
  ARP3 A  AZCN A  BAY1 A  BISH A  BRAS A  BRU1 A  CCV3 A  CLGO A  CNCL A  COT1 A
  DNRC A  ENG1 A  FAI2 A  GILB A  GUAX A  HBRK A  HKLO A  HVLK A  IFRN A  KARA A
  KJUN A  KULU A  LASC A  LAUG A  LMNO A  LUMC A  MCD1 A  OUSD A  PLTC A  PPT1 A
  PRCO A  SAV1 A  SG21 A  SPMX A  STRL A  TMGO A  TVST A  UPO1 A  UPO1 A  VCIO A
  WLPS A  WSMN A  ATWC A  CAVA A  DOAR A  HORN A  JSLM A  KATZ A  KAYT A  MERS A
  MIA3 A  MTJO A  NETT A  PALM A  PMON A  PUR2 A  QUAR A  SAMP A  SFEL A  TALA A
  TELA A  VOLT A  YAIG A  HLFX A  PALM A  PUR3 A  MIA3 A  KYW1 A  MTJO A  HORN A
  QUAR A  KAYT A  MAR6 A  IENG A  DOAR A  MERS A  CAVA A  SFEL A  VOLT A
 
MISSING IERS DOMES NOS AT MIT:
-----------------------------
  HLFX A  PALM A  PUR3 A  MIA3 A  KYW1 A  MCD1 A  ARP3 A  GUAX A  UPO1 A  OUSD A
  MTJO A  HORN A  CNCL A  QUAR A  KARA A  MAC1 B  TVST A  KAYT A  MAR6 A  IENG A

MISSING IERS DOMES NOS AT igs:
-----------------------------
  HLFX A  PALM A  PUR3 A  MIA3 A  KYW1 A  MCD1 A  ARP3 A  GUAX A  UPO1 A  OUSD A
  MTJO A  HORN A  CNCL A  QUAR A  KARA A  KAYT A  MAR6 A  IENG A  KULU A  SG21 A
  DOAR A  MERS A  CAVA A  SFEL A  VOLT A  BRAS A
 
MISSING IERS DOMES NOS AT sio:
-----------------------------
  KULU A  SG21 A  DOAR A  OUSD A  CNCL A  KARA A  MERS A  CAVA A  SFEL A  VOLT A
  BRAS A
 
MISSING IERS DOMES NOS AT NRC:
-----------------------------
  ARP3 A  AZCN A  BAY1 A  BISH A  BRAS A  BRU1 A  CCV3 A  CLGO A  CNCL A  COT1 A
  DNRC A  ENG1 A  FAI2 A  GILB A  GUAX A  HBRK A  HKLO A  HVLK A  IFRN A  KARA A
  KJUN A  KULU A  LASC A  LAUG A  LMNO A  LUMC A  MCD1 A  OUSD A  PLTC A  PPT1 A
  PRCO A  SAV1 A  SG21 A  SPMX A  STRL A  TMGO A  TVST A  UPO1 A  UPO1 A  VCIO A
  WLPS A  WSMN A  ATWC A  CAVA A  DOAR A  HORN A  JSLM A  KATZ A  KAYT A  MERS A
  MIA3 A  MTJO A  NETT A  PALM A  PMON A  PUR2 A  QUAR A  SAMP A  SFEL A  TALA A
  TELA A  VOLT A  YAIG A