Subject: [IGSREPORT-1194] Wk 0764 GPS Earth Orientation
From: Dennis McCarthy
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 1994 13:23:30 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Report    Thu Sep  1 13:23:30 PDT 1994      Message Number 1194
******************************************************************************

Author: Dennis McCarthy
Subject: Wk 0764 GPS Earth Orientation

From:     Dennis McCarthy
Subject:  Preliminary look at GPS Earth orientation
Date:     1 September 1994

An updated look at Earth orientation data submitted to the IERS
follows.  Data reduced in the ITRF92 have been used where available. 
Means refer to the ITRF92 for those contributors who have reported
estimates in the ITRF92 (CODE, ESOC, EMR, JPL, and GFZ).  Units are
milliseconds of arc for x and y, and milliseconds of time for
UT1-UTC.

Contributor Data Span Points       Mean          Standard Deviation
                                (NEOS-GPS)
                              x     y  UT1-UTC    x     y  UT1-UTC

Scripps      48780.5   801  -1.46 -1.51          0.82  0.85
             -49584.5

CODE         48792.5   800   0.14 -1.19  -0.70   0.63  0.78  2.61
             -49591.5

JPL          48794.5   759   0.03 -1.37          0.59  0.65
             -49584.5

ESOC         48794.5   791  -0.20 -1.72          1.00  1.22
             -49584.5

NRCan        48830.5   716  -0.05 -0.83          0.57  0.78
             -49591.5
                       569                0.51               1.14

GFZ          48997.5   599  -0.41 -1.50          0.36  0.39
             -49591.5

NOAA         48988.5   589  -0.49 -1.45          1.06  1.22
             -49591.5

Plots of the residuals are available by FAX to anyone interested.

     Below is the same information as above provided for only the
last thirty data points sent by each contributor.

Contributor Data Span              Mean          Standard Deviation
                                (NEOS-GPS)
                              x     y  UT1-UTC    x     y  UT1-UTC

Scripps      49555.5        -0.50 -1.17          0.51  0.49
             -49584.5

CODE         49562.5        -0.09 -1.82  -4.68   0.48  0.42  0.13
             -49591.5

JPL          49555.5         0.03 -1.60          0.34  0.37
             -49584.5

ESOC         49555.5        -0.23 -1.97          0.39  0.39
             -49584.5

NRCan        49562.5        -0.28 -1.99          0.61  0.51
             -49591.5

             49562.5                      2.91               0.18
             -49591.5 

GFZ          49562.5        -0.59 -1.89          0.56  0.46
             -49591.5

NOAA         49562.5        -0.62 -0.99          0.51  0.61
             -49591.5
--
Dennis D. McCarthy                       [email-masked]
Head, Earth Orientation Department       phone: (202) 653-0066
U.S. Naval Observatory                   fax: (202) 653-0587
Washington, DC 20392-5420

[Mailed From: Dennis McCarthy <[email-masked]>]