Subject: [IGSREPORT-119] Preliminary look at GPS Earth orientation
From: Dennis McCarthy
Date: 01 FEB 1993 00:00:00

From:     Dennis McCarthy
Subject:  Preliminary look at GPS Earth orientation
---------------------------------------------------

Date:     1 February 1993

An updated look at Earth orientation data submitted to the IERS
follows.  Units are milliseconds of arc for x and y, and
milliseconds of time for UT1-UTC.

Contributor Data Span Points       Mean          Standard Deviation
                                (NEOS-GPS)  
                              x     y   UT1-UTC   x     y   UT1-UTC
U. of Texas  48794.5    76  -1.89 -3.11          0.82  0.63  
             -48880.5

Scripps      48780.5   185  -1.57 -1.13          0.69  0.55
             -49002.5     

U. of Berne  48792.5     8  -0.89  1.21  -0.28   1.52  1.88  0.13 
 (ITRF90)    -48799.5

U. of Berne  48800.5   208  -0.40 -0.13  -3.18   0.95  0.80  1.15 
(ITRF91)     -49007.5

JPL          48794.5   178  -0.87 -0.01          0.78  0.71 
             -49003.5

GFZ          48795.0   107  -2.31 -2.06          1.13  1.13
             -48925.5

ESOC         48794.5   217  -1.18 -0.76          1.50  1.87
             -49010.5

EMR          48838.5   127  -0.84  0.21          1.11  0.79
             -49010.5
                        70                0.36               1.51

Plots are available by FAX to anyone interested.

Regards,

Dennis McCarthy
  [email-masked]