Subject: [IGSREPORT-110] ESA/ESOC Analysis Report (week 680)
From: Joachim Feltens
Date: 25 JAN 1993 00:00:00

From:     Joachim Feltens 
Subject:  ESA/ESOC Analysis Report (week 680)
---------------------------------------------

 -------------------------
 ANALYSIS CENTRE: ESA/ESOC
 -------------------------

 OUTLINE OF THE ESTIMATION OF GPS-ORBITS AND EARTH ROTATION PARAMETERS
 AT THE ESOC PROCESSING CENTER FOR IGS

 J.M.Dow, J.Feltens, T.Martin Mur, C.Garcia-Martinez

 Description of analysis for period 1993 January 17 - 23

 1. SOFTWARE USED:   GPSOBS/BAHN5

 2. MODELS USED AND PARAMETERS ESTIMATED/FIXED

  For a description of models and parameters used ==> see IGS - Mail  51
  For updates of the models and parameters used   ==> see IGS - Mail 114

                               * * *

  According to CANSPACE-mail of 20 JAN 93, PRN#11 was unusuable on day 017
  (17 Jan 93) from 03:00 UTC to 09:00 UTC. On this day only a very few
  observations were available for that satellite, and also on the following
  day 018 there were less data than for the other satellites. Therefore our
  orbit determination of PRN#11 is very poor on days 017 and 018 !!!

                               * * *

  The comparison between fitted orbits and the orbits predicted from the
  previous day's fit are less than (1,4,10) meters. Exceptions are:

           On day 019   PRN# 29 (1, 5,11) meters.
           On day 020   PRN# 12 (2, 7,16) meters,
                        PRN# 29 (1, 4,11) meters.
           On day 021   PRN# 26 (1, 5,11) meters,
                        PRN# 28 (1, 6,13) meters.
           On day 022   PRN# 23 (1, 5,12) meters,
                        PRN# 28 (1, 6,15) meters.
           On day 023   PRN# 23 (2, 4,12) meters,
                        PRN# 28 (2, 6,14) meters.

  Reasons might be: PRN#29 may be affected by outgassing.
                    In all the other cases the number of observations is lower
                    pared with the other satellites.

 3. GROUND STATIONS (if being estimated, one position (X,Y,Z) every day):

  The following table gives an overview over the ground stations that
  have been included into the GPS-data processing at ESOC. Except where
  otherwise noted ("remarks"), corrections are taken from IGS Mail
  No. 90 - IGS site information and coordinates,updated version of
  IERS/IGS Tables in IGS Mail No. 65  -  (Boucher and Altamimi).
  ______________________________________________________________________
                     |             |    |    GPS WEEK 680     |
                     |             |    | 0  0  0  0  0  0  0 |
                     |             |    | 1  1  1  2  2  2  2 |
         SITE        |   COUNTRY   |CODE| 7  8  9  0  1  2  3 | REMARKS
  -------------------|-------------|----|---------------------|---------
   Albert Head       | Canada      |ALBH| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
   Algonquin         | Canada      |ALGO| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
   Penticton         | Canada      |DRAO| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
   Fairbanks         | U.S.A./AK   |FAIR| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
   Goldstone         | U.S.A./CA   |GOLD| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
   Graz              | Austria     |GRAZ| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
   Hartebeesthoek    | South Africa|HART| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
   Hobart/Tasmania   | Australia   |HOBA| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
   JPL Mesa          | U.S.A./CA   |JPLM| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |own est.
   Kokee Park        | U.S.A/Hawaii|KOKB| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
   Kootwijk          | Netherlands |KOSG| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
   Kourou      (ESA) | French Guyan|KOUR| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |own est.
   Madrid            | Spain       |MADR| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
   Maspalomas  (ESA) | Spain/Can.Is|MASP| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
   Matera            | Italy       |MATE| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
   McMurdo           | Antarctica  |MCMU| ------------------- |
   Metsahovi         | Finland     |METS| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
   Onsala            | Sweden      |ONSA| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
   Pamate/Tahiti     | France      |PAMA| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
   Richmond          | U.S.A./FL   |RCM2| ------------------- |
   Santiago          | Chile       |SANT| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
   St.John's, NF     | Canada      |STJO| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
   Tidbinbilla       | Australia   |TIDB| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
   Tromso            | Norway      |TROM| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
   Usuda             | Japan       |USUD| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
   Wettzell          | Germany     |WETT| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
   Yaragadee         | Australia   |YAR1| ----------- F  F  F |
   Yellowknife       | Canada      |YELL| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |

       with: "F" ... coordinates of ground station kept fixed,
             "e" ... coordinates of ground station estimated,
             "-" ...  station not included on that day.

                               * * *

 4. PRODUCTS GENERATED

  The following products are generated and stored in CDDIS at NASA/GSFC:

  ESA0680*.EPH - Precise GPS orbits, *=0 for Sunday,..., 6 for Saturday
  ESA06807.ERP - Earth rotation results for week 0680 (including DUT1R)
  ESA06807.SUM - This summary file

 End of Message