Subject: [IGSREPORT-103] ESA/ESOC Analysis Report (week 679)
From: Joachim Feltens
Date: 23 JAN 1993 12:51:26

***********************************************************************
IGS Electronic Report     23-JAN-1993 12:51:26       Message Number 103
***********************************************************************

From:     Joachim Feltens 
Subject:  ESA/ESOC Analysis Report (week 679)
---------------------------------------------

 -------------------------
 ANALYSIS CENTRE: ESA/ESOC
 -------------------------

 OUTLINE OF THE ESTIMATION OF GPS-ORBITS AND EARTH ROTATION PARAMETERS
 AT THE ESOC PROCESSING CENTER FOR IGS

 J.M.Dow, J.Feltens, T.Martin Mur, C.Garcia-Martinez

 Description of analysis for period 1993 January 10 - 16

 1. SOFTWARE USED:   GPSOBS/BAHN5

 2. MODELS USED AND PARAMETERS ESTIMATED/FIXED

  For a description of models and parameters used ==> see IGS - Mail  51
  For updates of the models and parameters used   ==> see IGS - Mail 114

                               * * *

   For PRN#19 we have estimated a manoeuvre on day 016 (16 Jan 93), at
   00:33:30.00 UTC. We have estimated an along track impulse of +95.3 mm/sec.

                               * * *

  According to CANSPACE-mail of 07 JAN 93 and to IGS-mail 162, PRN 11 and PRN 13
  have insufficient power capacity during eclipse season and may be turned off
  up to 12 hours each day.

                               * * *

  The comparison between fitted orbits and the orbits predicted from the
  previous day's fit are less than (1,4,10) meters. Exceptions are:

           On day 011   PRN# 29 (1, 4,11) meters.
           On day 012   PRN# 19 (1, 7,15) meters.
           On day 015   PRN# 11 (1, 5,13) meters,
                        PRN# 27 (1, 5,11) meters,
                        PRN# 28 (2, 6,14) meters.

  Reasons might be: PRN#29 may be affected by outgassing.
                    For PRN#27 and PRN#28 there were less observations available
                    in relation to the other satellites on the day before. So
                    the initial states and the extrapolated orbit from the pre-
                    vious day might be degraded. This might explain the larger
                    deviations between fitted and extrapolated orbit for these
                    two satellites on day 015.

 3. GROUND STATIONS (if being estimated, one position (X,Y,Z) every day):

  The following table gives an overview over the ground stations that
  have been included into the GPS-data processing at ESOC. Except where
  otherwise noted ("remarks"), corrections are taken from IGS Mail
  No. 90 - IGS site information and coordinates,updated version of
  IERS/IGS Tables in IGS Mail No. 65  -  (Boucher and Altamimi).
  ______________________________________________________________________
                     |             |    |    GPS WEEK 679     |
                     |             |    | 0  0  0  0  0  0  0 |
                     |             |    | 1  1  1  1  1  1  1 |
         SITE        |   COUNTRY   |CODE| 0  1  2  3  4  5  6 | REMARKS
  -------------------|-------------|----|---------------------|---------
   Albert Head       | Canada      |ALBH| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
   Algonquin         | Canada      |ALGO| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
   Penticton         | Canada      |DRAO| -------------- e  e |
   Fairbanks         | U.S.A./AK   |FAIR| -- F  F  F  F  F  F |
   Goldstone         | U.S.A./CA   |GOLD| F  F  F  F  F ----- |
   Graz              | Austria     |GRAZ| e  e  e  e --- e  e |
   Hartebeesthoek    | South Africa|HART| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
   Hobart/Tasmania   | Australia   |HOBA| e  e  e --- e  e  e |
   JPL Mesa          | U.S.A./CA   |JPLM| -------------- e  e |own est.
   Kokee Park        | U.S.A/Hawaii|KOKB| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
   Kootwijk          | Netherlands |KOSG| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
   Kourou      (ESA) | French Guyan|KOUR| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |own est.
   Madrid            | Spain       |MADR| F  F  F  F  F ----- |
   Maspalomas  (ESA) | Spain/Can.Is|MASP| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
   Matera            | Italy       |MATE| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
   McMurdo           | Antarctica  |MCMU| e  e -------------- |
   Metsahovi         | Finland     |METS| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
   Ny Alesund/Spitzb.| Norway      |NYAL| ----------------- e |
   Onsala            | Sweden      |ONSA| -------------- F  F |
   Pamate/Tahiti     | France      |PAMA| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
   Richmond          | U.S.A./FL   |RCM2| e  e  e  e  e ----- |
   Santiago          | Chile       |SANT| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
   St.John's, NF     | Canada      |STJO| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
   Tai-Shi           | Taiwan      |TAIW| -------------- e  e |
   Tidbinbilla       | Australia   |TIDB| e  e  e  e  e  e -- |
   Tromso            | Norway      |TROM| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
   Usuda             | Japan       |USUD| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
   Wettzell          | Germany     |WETT| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
   Yaragadee         | Australia   |YAR1| ------------------- |
   Yellowknife       | Canada      |YELL| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |

       with: "F" ... coordinates of ground station kept fixed,
             "e" ... coordinates of ground station estimated,
             "-" ...  station not included on that day.

                               * * *

   Since there were data gaps, even at important stations e.g. YAR1, we had
   to go back to our original set of 30 ground stations (see IGS-report 42),
   to come over deficiency of data. The absence of data of some stations this
   week may also have some influence of our polar motion results, since such
   stations are usually kept fixed and define the reference frame of our sol-
   utions.

 4. PRODUCTS GENERATED

  The following products are generated and stored in CDDIS at NASA/GSFC:

  ESA0679*.EPH - Precise GPS orbits, *=0 for Sunday,..., 6 for Saturday
  ESA06797.ERP - Earth rotation results for week 0679 (including DUT1R)
  ESA06797.SUM - This summary file

 End of Message