Subject: [IGSREPORT-92] ESA/ESOC analysis report (week 677)
From: joachim feltens
Date: 18 JAN 1993 17:09:43

***********************************************************************
IGS Electronic Report     18-JAN-1993 17:09:43       Message Number 92
***********************************************************************

From:     joachim feltens 
Subject:  ESA/ESOC analysis report (week 677)
---------------------------------------------

 -------------------------
 ANALYSIS CENTRE: ESA/ESOC
 -------------------------

 OUTLINE OF THE ESTIMATION OF GPS-ORBITS AND EARTH ROTATION PARAMETERS
 AT THE ESOC PROCESSING CENTER FOR IGS

 J.M.Dow, J.Feltens, T.Martin Mur, C.Garcia-Martinez

 Description of analysis for period 1992/93 December 27 - January 02

 1. SOFTWARE USED:   GPSOBS/BAHN5

 2. MODELS USED AND PARAMETERS ESTIMATED/FIXED

  For a description of models and parameters used ==> see IGS - Mail  51
  For updates of the models and parameters used   ==> see IGS - Mail 114

                               * * *

  According to CANSPACE-mail of 07 JAN 93 and to IGS-mail 162, PRN#11 and PRN#13
  have insufficient power capacity during eclipse season and may be turned off
  up to 12 hours each day.

                               * * *

  For PRN#32 there were less observations available during the whole week, than
  for the other satellites.

                               * * *

  The comparison between fitted orbits and the orbits predicted from the pre-
  vious day's fit are less than (1,4,10) meters. Exceptions are:

           On day 363   PRN# 23 (2, 5,14) meters.
           On day 364   PRN# 02 (1, 5,13) meters,
                        PRN# 32 (3, 9,20) meters.
           On day 001   PRN# 13 (2, 6,15) meters.
           On day 002   PRN# 16 (2, 6,17) meters.

 3. GROUND STATIONS (if being estimated, one position (X,Y,Z) every day):

  The following table gives an overview over the ground stations that
  have been included into the GPS-data processing at ESOC. Except where
  otherwise noted ("remarks"), corrections are taken from IGS Mail
  No. 90 - IGS site information and coordinates,updated version of
  IERS/IGS Tables in IGS Mail No. 65  -  (Boucher and Altamimi).
  ______________________________________________________________________
                     |             |    |    GPS WEEK 677     |
                     |             |    | 3  3  3  3  3  0  0 |
                     |             |    | 6  6  6  6  6  0  0 |
         SITE        |   COUNTRY   |CODE| 2  3  4  5  6  1  2 | REMARKS
  -------------------|-------------|----|---------------------|---------
   Albert Head       | Canada      |ALBH| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
   Algonquin         | Canada      |ALGO| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
   CANB/Tidbinbilla  | Australia   |TIDB| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
   Fairbanks         | U.S.A./AK   |FAIR| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
   Goldstone         | U.S.A./CA   |GOLD| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
   Hartebeesthoek    | South Africa|HART| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
   Kootwijk          | Netherlands |KOSG| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
   Kokee Park        | U.S.A/Hawaii|KOKB| ------------------- |
   Kourou      (ESA) | French Guyan|KOUR| e ----------------- |own est.
   Madrid            | Spain       |MADR| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
   Maspalomas  (ESA) | Spain/Can.Is|MASP| ----- e  e  e  e  e |
   Matera            | Italy       |MATE| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
   McMurdo           | Antarctica  |MCMU| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
   Metsahovi         | Finland     |METS| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
   Pamate/Tahiti     | France      |PAMA| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
   Richmond          | U.S.A./FL   |RCM2| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
   Santiago          | Chile       |SANT| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
   St.John's, NF     | Canada      |STJO| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
   Tromso            | Norway      |TROM| -- e  e  e -------- |
   Usuda             | Japan       |USUD| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
   Wettzell          | Germany     |WETT| -- F  F  F  F  F  F |
   Yaragadee         | Australia   |YAR1| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
   Yellowknife       | Canada      |YELL| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |

       with: "F" ... coordinates of ground station kept fixed,
             "e" ... coordinates of ground station estimated,
             "-" ...  station not included on that day.

                               * * *

  Ground stations Penticton (DRAO), Graz (GRAZ), Hobart (HOBA), JPL Mesa (JPLM),
  and Onsala (ONSA) have been deleted from our set of ground stations, because
  with the increasing number of satellites we got problems of space requirement
  in our software and with CPU time needed.

 4. PRODUCTS GENERATED

  The following products are generated and stored in CDDIS at NASA/GSFC:

  ESA0677*.EPH - Precise GPS orbits, *=0 for Sunday,..., 6 for Saturday
  ESA06777.ERP - Earth rotation results for week 0677 (including DUT1R)
  ESA06777.SUM - This summary file

 End of Message