Subject: [IGSREPORT-40] JPL analysis report
From: David C Jefferson
Date: 9 DEC 1992 16:57:34

***********************************************************************
IGS Electronic Report      9-DEC-1992 16:57:34       Message Number 40
***********************************************************************

From:    David C Jefferson
Subject: JPL analysis report
         -------------------

Submitted by

J F Zumberge, G Blewitt, M B Heflin, D C Jefferson, F H Webb

all at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory, California Institute of Technology, 
Pasadena, CA  91109.

The following files have been posted on BODHI (for access to BODHI contact
[email-masked]):

______________________________________________________________________________
filename               contents
______________________________________________________________________________
jpl06727.sum           This text file.
jpl06727.erp           Earth rotation parameters for GPS week 672.
jpl06727.sp1           GPS ephemerides for GPS week 672, sp1 format.
jpl06727.sp3            "       "       "   "   "    " , sp3   "   .
______________________________________________________________________________

A-S testing occurred during "21 Nov 0100 UT to 23 Nov 0100 UT" and
"28 Nov 0100 UT to 30 Nov 0100 UT", according to the file pub/gps/gpstd.txt
obtained from tycho.usno.navy.mil. Results for Sunday, Nov 22, and Saturday,
Nov 28, are not included in this submission. The results for Monday, Nov 23,
exclude data from Block-II satellites acquired when operating in
cross-correlated mode.

The repeatabilities for PRN11/GPS08 increase during the week, and by Friday are 
about an order of magnitude larger than usual.

WARNING: PRN11/GPS08 has atypical 3drss values toward the end of GPS week 672.

JPL LODR TABLE                               GPS week 672 (1992 Nov 23 - Nov 27)
  MJD       LODR     +/-
          (ms/day)
 48949.5    2.49     0.06
 48950.5    2.52     0.05
 48951.5    2.53     0.05
 48952.5    2.65     0.05
 48953.5    2.57     0.05
END LODR TABLE

NOTE: In the following table, UT1R-UTC are the assumed nominal values from
IERS Bulletin-B predicts; estimated LODR values are given in the previous
table. See IGS Mail Message 97 for details.

JPL UTPM TABLE                               GPS week 672 (1992 Nov 23 - Nov 27)
  MJD       X        Y       UT1R-UTC XSIG    YSIG   UTSIG  RMS  XYC  XUC  YUC STA SAT PASS    
           ''        ''        sec     ''     ''      sec
 48949.5   .17029   .44913   .15984  .00018  .00019  .00000  .0 -.04  .00  .00  28 19  0
 48950.5   .17138   .44612   .15754  .00013  .00014  .00000  .0 -.04  .00  .00  28 19  0
 48951.5   .17122   .44376   .15524  .00014  .00015  .00000  .0 -.02  .00  .00  26 19  0
 48952.5   .17199   .44207   .15294  .00014  .00014  .00000  .0 -.02  .00  .00  26 19  0
 48953.5   .17283   .43919   .15065  .00014  .00015  .00000  .0 -.04  .00  .00  25 19  0
END UTPM TABLE

The following table indicates the "3-dimensional orbit repeatability", as 
defined in IGS Mail Message 37, for GPS week 672:
["3d rss" = sqrt(xrms**2 + yrms**2 + zrms**2)]

JPL ORBIT REPEATABILITY TABLE                GPS week 672 (1992 Nov 23 - Nov 27)
                92 11 23   92 11 24   92 11 25   92 11 26   92 11 27
prn   3d rss (m)
  2                 0.5        0.27       0.42       0.34       0.2 
  3                 0.6        0.47       0.24       0.31       0.3 
 11                 0.4        0.78       1.32       1.98       4.5 
 12                 0.2        0.31       0.34       0.23       0.3 
 13                 0.2        0.26       0.25       0.27       0.4 
 14                 0.1        0.22       0.24       0.37       0.3 
 15                 0.1        0.18       0.23       0.60       0.7 
 16                 0.5        0.45       0.39       0.57       0.6 
 17                 0.4        0.38       0.65       0.59       0.5 
 18                 0.3        0.43       0.36       0.34       0.3 
 19                 0.1        0.22       0.30       0.33       0.2 
 20                 0.3        0.39       0.35       0.26       0.2 
 21                 0.3        0.47       0.37       0.41       0.6 
 23                 0.1        0.41       0.42       0.42       0.4 
 24                 0.6        0.58       0.85       0.79       0.5 
 25                 0.2        0.17       0.28       0.29       0.2 
 26                 0.2        0.30       0.34       0.18       0.3 
 27                 0.3        0.38       0.26       0.24       0.3 
 28                 0.3        0.43       0.40       0.31       0.4 
END ORBIT REPEATABILITY TABLE

As described in IGS Mail Message 37, the following table compares the JPL
precise ephemerides with those from the broadcast ephemeris:

JPL COMPARISON OF BROADCAST NAVIGATION MESSAGE WITH PRECISE EPHEMERIDES
                92 11 23   92 11 24   92 11 25   92 11 26   92 11 27
prn   3d rss (m)
  2                 5.7        4.1        5.2        6.5        6.2 
  3                17.3       17.1       16.3       18.1       17.5 
 11                 3.2        3.0        4.1        4.3       53.6 
 12                 5.7        7.2        3.1       10.0        4.6 
 13                 2.4        3.3        5.6       10.2        8.7 
 14                 5.2        9.7        8.6        9.5        6.8 
 15                 3.5        2.8        2.3        2.0        2.1 
 16                10.7        9.2        6.7        7.1        8.8 
 17                 2.5        2.9        2.8        2.7        2.4 
 18                 5.4        5.6        5.7        4.9        5.3 
 19                 7.0        7.5        7.3        6.9        5.2 
 20                 5.2        4.9        6.1        6.3        4.7 
 21                 3.5        2.9        3.0        3.7        3.4 
 23                11.3       12.4       14.3       12.9       11.3 
 24                 5.5        5.4        6.5        7.5        5.7 
 25                11.0       12.4       12.4       13.3       11.7 
 26                 8.4        7.1        7.8        7.4        7.6 
 27                 9.9       10.8       11.3       12.3       11.8 
 28                15.1        9.3        7.4        4.4        6.9 
END COMPARISON OF BROADCAST NAVIGATION MESSAGE WITH PRECISE EPHEMERIDES

The following table, as explained in IGS Mail Message 91, indicates which
tracking sites were used in this week's analysis:

JPL GROUND STATION INCLUSION TABLE           GPS week 672 (1992 Nov 23 - Nov 27)
                 92 11 23   92 11 24   92 11 25   92 11 26   92 11 27

ALBH                 X          X          X          X          X           
ALGO*                X          X          X          X          X           
DRAO                 X          X          X          X          X           
FAIR*                X          X          X          X          X           
GOLD                 X          X          X          X          X           
HART*                X          X          X          X          X           
HERS                 X          X          X          X          X           
JPLM                 X          X          X          X                      
KOKB*                X          X          X          X          X           
KOSG                 X          X          X          X          X           
MADR*                X          X          X          X          X           
MASP                 X          X          X          X          X           
MATE                 X          X          X          X          X           
MCMU                 X          X          X          X          X           
METS                 X          X          X          X          X           
ONSA                 X          X          X          X          X           
PAMA                 X          X          X          X          X           
RCM2                 X          X                                            
SANT*                X          X          X          X          X           
STJO                 X          X          X          X          X           
TAIW                 X          X          X          X          X           
TIDB                 X          X          X          X          X           
TROM*                X          X          X          X          X           
USUD                 X          X          X          X          X           
WETT                 X          X          X          X          X           
YAR1*                X          X          X          X          X           
YELL                 X          X          X          X          X           
_______________________
*Indicates fiducial site.
END GROUND STATION INCLUSION TABLE