Subject: [IGSREPORT-39] ESA/ESOC analysis report
From: Joachim Feltens
Date: 9 DEC 1992 16:05:10

***********************************************************************
IGS Electronic Report      9-DEC-1992 16:05:10       Message Number 39
***********************************************************************

From:     Joachim Feltens
Subject:  ESA/ESOC analysis report
          ------------------------

 -------------------------
 ANALYSIS CENTRE: ESA/ESOC
 -------------------------

 OUTLINE OF THE ESTIMATION OF GPS-ORBITS AND EARTH ROTATION PARAMETERS
 AT THE ESOC PROCESSING CENTER FOR IGS

 J.M.Dow, J.Feltens, T.Martin Mur, C.Garcia-Martinez

 Description of analysis for period 1992 November 22 - 28

 1. SOFTWARE USED:   GPSOBS/BAHN5

 2. MODELS USED AND PARAMETERS ESTIMATED/FIXED

  For a description of models and parameters used ==> see IGS - Mail  51
  For updates of the models and parameters used   ==> see IGS - Mail 114

                               * * *

  The comparison between fitted orbits and the orbits predicted from the
  previous day's fit are less than (1,3,8) meters on usual days and less than
  (2,6,20) meters on A/S-days. Exceptions are:

           On day 329   PRN# 23 (1, 5,14) meters,
           on day 331   PRN# 23 (1, 6,15) meters and
                        PRN# 26 (1, 4,11) meters,
           on day 332   PRN# 11 (4,16,39) meters and
                        PRN# 26 (1, 6,14) meters.
  The reason for the very large values in the case of PRN# 11 might be in con-
  nection with the eclipse season for this satellite (see CANSPACE-mail of
  NOV 17: PRN# 11 is expected to be unavailable (L1/L2 bands off) at times
  during eclipse season from 18 NOV to 20 DEC, depending on satellite power
  supplies. The same is valid for PRN# 13).

                               * * *

  On day 329 the DRAO receiver had an interval of 14 hours from 2:00 UTC
  without tracking to any satellite, and after this interval tracking was
  resumed, but with some interruptions of several minutes. We could not use this
  station in this day and neither in the following days. We tried to estimate
  new coordinates, but this did not solve the problem. We have checked the
  residuals of double differences for some links in which DRAO is involved and
  we have found unusually high noise. We would like to know if DRAO has been
  changed in some way and if other analysis centers have had similiar problems.

 3. GROUND STATIONS (if being estimated, one position (X,Y,Z) every day):

  The following table gives an overview over the ground stations that
  have been included into the GPS-data processing at ESOC. Except where
  otherwise noted ("remarks"), corrections are taken from IGS Mail
  No. 90 - IGS site information and coordinates,updated version of
  IERS/IGS Tables in IGS Mail No. 65  -  (Boucher and Altamimi).
  ______________________________________________________________________
                     |             |    |    GPS WEEK 672     |
                     |             |    | 3  3  3  3  3  3  3 |
                     |             |    | 2  2  2  3  3  3  3 |
         SITE        |   COUNTRY   |CODE| 7  8  9  0  1  2  3 | REMARKS
  -------------------|-------------|----|---------------------|---------
   Albert Head       | Canada      |ALBH| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
   Algonquin         | Canada      |ALGO| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
   CANB/Tidbinbilla  | Australia   |TIDB| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
   Penticton         | Canada      |DRAO| F  F -------------- |
   Fairbanks         | U.S.A./AK   |FAIR| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
   Goldstone         | U.S.A./CA   |GOLD| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
   Graz              | Austria     |GRAZ| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
   Hartebeesthoek    | South Africa|HART| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
   Hobart/Tasmania   | Australia   |HOBA| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
   JPL Mesa          | U.S.A./CA   |JPLM| e  e -------------- |own est.
   Kootwijk          | Netherlands |KOSG| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
   Kokee Park        | U.S.A/Hawaii|KOKB| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
   Kourou      (ESA) | French Guyan|KOUR| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |own est.
   Madrid            | Spain       |MADR| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
   Maspalomas  (ESA) | Spain/Can.Is|MASP| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
   Matera            | Italy       |MATE| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
   McMurdo           | Antarctica  |MCMU| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
   Metsahovi         | Finland     |METS| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
   Ny Alesund/Spitzb.| Norway      |NYAL| ------------------- |
   Onsala            | Sweden      |ONSA| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
   Pamate/Tahiti     | France      |PAMA| -- e  e  e  e  e  e |
   Richmond          | U.S.A./FL   |RCM2| e  e -------------- |
   Santiago          | Chile       |SANT| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
   St.John's, NF     | Canada      |STJO| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
   Tai-Shi           | Taiwan      |TAIW| ------------------- |
   Tromso            | Norway      |TROM| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
   Usuda             | Japan       |USUD| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
   Wettzell          | Germany     |WETT| F  F  F  F  F --- F |
   Yaragadee         | Australia   |YAR1| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
   Yellowknife       | Canada      |YELL| -- F  F  F  F  F  F |

       with: "F" ... coordinates of ground station kept fixed,
             "e" ... coordinates of ground station estimated,
             "-" ...  station not included on that day.

 4. PRODUCTS GENERATED

  The following products are generated and stored in CDDIS at NASA/GSFC:

  ESA0672*.EPH - Precise GPS orbits, *=0 for Sunday,..., 6 for Saturday
  ESA06727.ERP - Earth rotation results for week 0672 (including DUT1R)
  ESA06727.SUM - This summary file

 End of Message