Subject: [IGSREPORT-27] ESA/ESOC analysis report
From: Tomas Martin Mur
Date: 1 DEC 1992 16:30:51

***********************************************************************
IGS Electronic Report      1-DEC-1992 16:30:51       Message Number 27
***********************************************************************
 
From:     Tomas Martin Mur 
Subject:  ESA/ESOC analysis report
          ------------------------

 -------------------------
 ANALYSIS CENTRE: ESA/ESOC
 -------------------------

 OUTLINE OF THE ESTIMATION OF GPS-ORBITS AND EARTH ROTATION PARAMETERS
 AT THE ESOC PROCESSING CENTER FOR IGS

 J.M.Dow, J.Feltens, T.Martin Mur, C.Garcia-Martinez

 Description of analysis for period 1992 November 15 - 21

 1. SOFTWARE USED:   GPSOBS/BAHN5

 2. MODELS USED AND PARAMETERS ESTIMATED/FIXED

  For a description of models and parameters used ==> see IGS - Mail  51
  For updates of the models and parameters used   ==> see IGS - Mail 114

                               * * *

  We have obtained four days of data (323 to 326) from the receiver in
  Kourou this week. The antenna has been moved to a new position since
  the last time Kourou was operational.
  With the data of this week we have estimated the following coordinates
  for the phase center of the antenna in its new location:

        System of coordinates: ITRF91 at 1992.5

     X:      3 839 591.516 m       SX:   0.022 m
     Y:     -5 059 567.968 m       SY:   0.022 m
     Z:        579 956.867 m       SZ:   0.009 m

                               * * *

  From this week we have started to estimate the rate of change of the
  difference between UT1R (UT1 regularised) and TAI. We call this
  parameter DUT1R. The typical standard deviation that we obtain when we
  estimate it is .05 msec/day.

  We have also changed the time span from 30 hours to 24 hours, so the
  estimate of DUT1R can be used to determine the change in UT1R for the
  day.

                               * * *

  We have obtained unusually high rms of differences between the fitted
  and propagated orbits for the satellite 17 on days 323 and 326, and
  high differences for this satellite for the other days.

 3. GROUND STATIONS (if being estimated, one position (X,Y,Z) every day):

  The following table gives an overview over the ground stations that
  have been included into the GPS-data processing at ESOC. Except where
  otherwise noted ("remarks"), corrections are taken from IGS Mail
  No. 90 - IGS site information and coordinates,updated version of
  IERS/IGS Tables in IGS Mail No. 65  -  (Boucher and Altamimi).
  ______________________________________________________________________
                     |             |    |    GPS WEEK 671     |
                     |             |    | 3  3  3  3  3  3  3 |
                     |             |    | 2  2  2  2  2  2  2 |
         SITE        |   COUNTRY   |CODE| 0  1  2  3  4  5  6 | REMARKS
  -------------------|-------------|----|---------------------|---------
   Albert Head       | Canada      |ALBH| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
   Algonquin         | Canada      |ALGO| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
   CANB/Tidbinbilla  | Australia   |TIDB| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
   Penticton         | Canada      |DRAO| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
   Fairbanks         | U.S.A./AK   |FAIR| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
   Goldstone         | U.S.A./CA   |GOLD| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
   Graz              | Austria     |GRAZ| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
   Hartebeesthoek    | South Africa|HART| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
   Hobart/Tasmania   | Australia   |HOBA| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
   JPL Mesa          | U.S.A./CA   |JPLM| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |own est.
   Kootwijk          | Netherlands |KOSG| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
   Kokee Park        | U.S.A/Hawaii|KOKB| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
   Kourou      (ESA) | French Guyan|KOUR| -  -  -  e  e  e  e |own est.
   Madrid            | Spain       |MADR| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
   Maspalomas  (ESA) | Spain/Can.Is|MASP| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
   Matera            | Italy       |MATE| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
   McMurdo           | Antarctica  |MCMU| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
   Metsahovi         | Finland     |METS| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
   Ny Alesund/Spitzb.| Norway      |NYAL| -  -  -  -  -  -  - |
   Onsala            | Sweden      |ONSA| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
   Pamate/Tahiti     | France      |PAMA| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
   Richmond          | U.S.A./FL   |RCM2| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
   Santiago          | Chile       |SANT| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
   St.John's, NF     | Canada      |STJO| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
   Tai-Shi           | Taiwan      |TAIW| -  -  -  -  -  -  - |
   Tromso            | Norway      |TROM| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
   Usuda             | Japan       |USUD| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
   Wettzell          | Germany     |WETT| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
   Yaragadee         | Australia   |YAR1| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
   Yellowknife       | Canada      |YELL| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |

       with: "F" ... coordinates of ground station kept fixed,
             "e" ... coordinates of ground station estimated,
             "-" ...  station not included on that day.

 4. PRODUCTS GENERATED

  The following products are generated and stored in CDDIS at NASA/GSFC:

  ESA0671*.EPH - Precise GPS orbits, *=0 for Sunday,..., 6 for Saturday
  ESA06717.ERP - Earth rotation results for week 0671 (including DUT1R)
  ESA06717.SUM - This summary file

 End of Message