Subject: [IGSREPORT-9] ESA/ESOC analysis report
From: Tomas Martin Mur
Date: 13 NOV 1992 18:24:06

***********************************************************************
IGS Electronic Report     13-NOV-1992 18:24:06       Message Number 9
***********************************************************************
 
From:     Tomas Martin Mur 
Subject:  ESA/ESOC analysis report
          ------------------------

-------------------------
ANALYSIS CENTRE: ESA/ESOC
-------------------------

OUTLINE OF THE ESTIMATION OF GPS-ORBITS AND EARTH ROTATION PARAMETERS AT THE
ESOC PROCESSING CENTER FOR IGS

J.M.Dow, J.Feltens, T.Martin-Mur, C.Garcia-Martinez

Description of analysis for period 1992 November 1 - 7

1. SOFTWARE USED:   GPSOBS/BAHN5

2. MODELS USED AND PARAMETERS ESTIMATED/FIXED

   For a description of models and parameters we are using ===> see IGS-Mail  51
   For updates of the models and parameters used =============> see IGS-Mail 114

                                        * * *

   For day 311 (Nov 6) we could not get data for the following receivers:
   TROM, NYAL, ONSA, WETT, HOBA, METS, KOSG. The comparison of propagated
   and fitted orbits shows RMS of the difference unusually high for this
   day for satellite with PRN# 2, 5 m cross track and 11 m along track.

3. GROUND STATIONS (if being estimated, one position (X,Y,Z) every day):

      The following table gives an overview over the ground stations,  that have
      been included into the GPS-data processing at ESOC. Except where otherwise
      noted ("remarks"), corrections are taken from IGS Mail No. 90  -  IGS site
      information and coordinates,updated version of IERS/IGS Tables in IGS Mail
      No. 65  -  (Boucher and Altamimi).
      __________________________________________________________________________
                          |             |    |    GPS WEEK 669     |
                          |             |    | 3  3  3  3  3  3  3 |
                          |             |    | 0  0  0  0  1  1  1 |
              SITE        |   COUNTRY   |CODE| 6  7  8  9  0  1  2 |  REMARKS
      --------------------|-------------|----|---------------------|------------
        Albert Head       | Canada      |ALBH| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
        Algonquin         | Canada      |ALGO| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
        CANB/Tidbinbilla  | Australia   |TIDB| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
        Penticton         | Canada      |DRAO| F  F  F  F  -  -  - |
        Fairbanks         | U.S.A/Alaska|FAIR| -  -  -  -  F  F  F |
        Goldstone         | U.S.A.      |GOLD| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
        Graz              | Austria     |GRAZ| F  F  F  F  F  F  - |
        Hartebeesthoek    | South Africa|HART| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
        Kootwijk          | Netherlands |KOSG| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
        Hobart/Tasmania   | Australia   |HOBA| e  e  e  e  e  -  e |
        JPL Mesa          | U.S.A./CA   |JPLM| e  -  -  -  -  e  e | obs. file
        Kokee Park        | U.S.A/Hawaii|KOKB| ------------------- |
        Kourou      (ESA) | French Guyan|KOUR| ------------------- | own estim.
        Madrid            | Spain       |MADR| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
        Maspalomas  (ESA) | Spain/Can.Is|MASP| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
        Matera            | Italy       |MATE| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
        McMurdo           | Antarctica  |MCMU| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
        Metsahovi         | Finland     |METS| F  F  F  F  F  -  F |
        Ny Alesund/Spitzb.| Norway      |NYAL| -  -  e  e  e  -  e |
        Onsala            | Sweden      |ONSA| -  -  F  F  F  -  F |
        Pamate/Tahiti     | France      |PAMA| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
        Santiago          | Chile       |SANT| F  F  F  F  -  F  F |
        St.John's, NF     | Canada      |STJO| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
        Tai-Shi           | Taiwan      |TAIW| -  -  e  e  e  e  - |
        Tromso            | Norway      |TROM| e  e  e  e  e  -  e |
        Usuda             | Japan       |USUD| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
        Wettzell          | Germany     |WETT| F  F  F  F  F  -  F |
        Yaragadee         | Australia   |YAR1| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
        Yellowknife       | Canada      |YELL| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |

      with: "F" ... coordinates of ground station kept fixed,
            "e" ... coordinates of ground station estimated,
            "-" ... ground station not included on that day.

    - We are trying to use as many stations as possible, and that is the reason
      why we have included TROM, ALBH, and GRAZ in this week.

4. PRODUCTS GENERATED

   The following products are generated and stored in CDDIS at NASA/GSFC:

   ESA0669*.EPH   - Precise GPS orbits, * = 0 for Sunday ,..., 6 for Saturday
   ESA06697.ERP   - Earth rotation results for week beginning 1992 October 25
   ESA06697.SUM   - The name of this text file