Subject: [IGSREPORT-4] ESA/ESOC analysis report
From: Joachim Feltens
Date: 11 NOV 1992 18:38:58

***********************************************************************
IGS Electronic Report     11-NOV-1992 18:38:58       Message Number 4
***********************************************************************
 
From:     Joachim Feltens 
Subject:  ESA/ESOC analysis report
          ------------------------

-------------------------
ANALYSIS CENTRE: ESA/ESOC
-------------------------

OUTLINE OF THE ESTIMATION OF GPS-ORBITS AND EARTH ROTATION PARAMETERS AT THE
ESOC PROCESSING CENTER FOR IGS

J.M.Dow, J.Feltens, T.Martin-Mur, C.Garcia-Martinez

Description of analysis for period 1992 October 25 - 31

1. SOFTWARE USED:   GPSOBS/BAHN5

2. MODELS USED AND PARAMETERS ESTIMATED/FIXED

   For a description of models and parameters we are using ===> see IGS-Mail  51
   For updates of the models and parameters used =============> see IGS-Mail 114

                                        * * *

   Validity check of improved orbits for every day by comparision with predicted
   orbits propagated from previous day:

   On normal days this comparison gives rms of the differences normally less
   than (1,3,8) metres in radial, cross track, and along track.
   On A/S-days this comparison gives  rms of the differences  normally  less
   than (2,6,20) metres.

   An exception this week was on day 299 (A/S-day) for PRN#26 (2,13,26) m.

3. GROUND STATIONS (if being estimated, one position (X,Y,Z) every day):

      The following table gives an overview over the ground stations,  that have
      been included into the GPS-data processing at ESOC. Except where otherwise
      noted ("remarks"), corrections are taken from IGS Mail No. 90  -  IGS site
      information and coordinates,updated version of IERS/IGS Tables in IGS Mail
      No. 65  -  (Boucher and Altamimi).
      __________________________________________________________________________
                          |             |    |    GPS WEEK 668     |
                          |             |    | 2  3  3  3  3  3  3 |
                          |             |    | 9  0  0  0  0  0  0 |
              SITE        |   COUNTRY   |CODE| 9  0  1  2  3  4  5 |  REMARKS
      --------------------|-------------|----|---------------------|------------
        Algonquin         | Canada      |ALGO| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
        CANB/Tidbinbilla  | Australia   |TIDB| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
        Penticton         | Canada      |DRAO| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
        Fairbanks         | U.S.A/Alaska|FAIR| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
        Goldstone         | U.S.A.      |GOLD| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
        Hartebeesthoek    | South Africa|HART| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
        Kootwijk          | Netherlands |KOSG| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
        Hobart/Tasmania   | Australia   |HOBA| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
        JPL Mesa          | U.S.A./CA   |JPLM| e  e  e  e  e  e  e | obs. file
        Kokee Park        | U.S.A/Hawaii|KOKB| ------------------- |
        Kourou      (ESA) | French Guyan|KOUR| ------------------- | own estim.
        Madrid            | Spain       |MADR| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
        Maspalomas  (ESA) | Spain/Can.Is|MASP| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
        Matera            | Italy       |MATE| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
        McMurdo           | Antarctica  |MCMU| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
        Metsahovi         | Finland     |METS| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
        Ny Alesund/Spitzb.| Norway      |NYAL| e  e  e  e  e  e -- |
        Onsala            | Sweden      |ONSA| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
        Pamate/Tahiti     | France      |PAMA| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
        Santiago          | Chile       |SANT| F  F  F  F  F  F -- |
        St.John's, NF     | Canada      |STJO| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
        Tai-Shi           | Taiwan      |TAIW| ----- e  e  e  e -- |
        Usuda             | Japan       |USUD| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
        Wettzell          | Germany     |WETT| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
        Yaragadee         | Australia   |YAR1| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
        Yellowknife       | Canada      |YELL| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |

      with: "F" ... coordinates of ground station kept fixed,
            "e" ... coordinates of ground station estimated,
            "-" ... ground station not included on that day.

    - Because there are problems with Herstmonceux since a longer time, Herst-
      monceux has been excluded from our set of ground stations and been re-
      placed by Kootwijk in The Netherlands.
    - JPL Mesa, originally used as substitute when Goldstone was missing, has
      been included now, besides Goldstone, as a regular ground site into our
      IGS-processing.

4. PRODUCTS GENERATED

   The following products are generated and stored in CDDIS at NASA/GSFC:

   ESA06687.EPH   - Precise GPS orbits, * = 0 for Sunday ,..., 6 for Saturday
   ESA06687.ERP   - Earth rotation results for week beginning 1992 October 25
   ESA06687.SUM   - The name of this text file