Subject: [IGSMAIL-0987] 3rd IGS Anniversary
From: Gerhard Beutler
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 1995 8:21:23 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Wed Jun 21  8:21:23 PDT 1995      Message Number 0987
******************************************************************************

Author: Gerhard Beutler
Subject: 3rd IGS Anniversary

Subject: 3rd IGS Anniversary

                                                 Bern, 21 June 1995

Dear friends and colleagues,

today we may look back upon the 1992 IGS Test Campaign (21 June - 23
September, 1992), the IGS Pilot Service (1 November 1992 - 31 December
1993), and already upon about 18 months of the officially established
IAG service.

Many of us will meet pretty soon in Boulder, where we may spend some time
looking back to the IGS achievements of the previous four years in detail.
I therefore resist the temptation to mention here all the IGS highlights
within that time period !

Those who attended the latest two IGS workshops (in Pasadena in December
1994 and in Potsdam in May 1995) know that the innovative spirit and the
enthusiasm within the IGS is as strong as it was at the very beginning. I
believe that this fact is the secret for the success the IGS had so far.

In the name of the IGS Governing Board I would like to thank all agencies
and individuals working together within the IGS for their invaluable
contributions. We all know that only with this continuous support the IGS
is able to offer an accurate, timely, and reliable service to a rapidly
growing IGS user community.

                                                 Gerhard Beutler
                                                 on behalf of the
                                                 IGS Governing Board

[Mailed From: Gerhard Beutler <[email-masked]>]