Subject: [IGSMAIL-0927] IGS site names for New Zealand
From: John Beavan
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 1995 19:19:29 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Tue Apr  4 19:19:29 PDT 1995      Message Number 0927
******************************************************************************

Author: John Beavan
Subject: IGS site names for New Zealand

The NZ Institute of Geological and Nuclear Sciences (IGNS) and Department 
of Survey and Land Information (DOSLI), in cooperation with NASA, UNAVCO 
and the Australian Survey and Land Information Group (AUSLIG), will shortly
be establishing three new permanent tracking stations in New Zealand, with
the data to be submitted to IGS.

In accordance with a suggestion made in IGS mail message 0814, we propose
the following 4-character codes for the three sites.

If anyone is aware of clashes with existing IGS site codes, or has other
objections, please let me know.

Nearest town    Code    Approx lat/long
-------------   ----    ---------------
Wellington      WGTN*   41.2S  174.8E
Auckland        AUCK    36.7S  174.7E
Chatham Is.     CHAT    44.0S  176.6W

* This will not be the same as site WELL operated by DOSLI and CIGNET from 
  1990-92, but WELL and WGTN will be tied together by GPS at the time of
  installation of WGTN.

[Mailed From: [email-masked] (John Beavan)]