Subject: [IGSMAIL-0912] New station at Grasse, France.
From: Loic Boloh
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 1995 6:17:14 PST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Thu Mar 23  6:17:14 PST 1995      Message Number 0912
******************************************************************************

Author: Loic Boloh
Subject: New station at Grasse, France.

Subj :   New station at O.C.A.(Grasse) - France.
-----------------------------------------------

CNES has installed a turborogue near Grasse, at the Calern Observatory 
(O.C.A. site) ; this station is operational since February 22, 1995.
It is co-located with SLR's and LLR's, and the GPS antenna is stationed near
a mobile VLBI mark. The antenna is mounted on a dedicated concrete pillar 
on bedrock with forced centering plate which was especially built by IGN ;
local ties measurements were also performed by an IGN team.

The station is operated and monitored by Observatoire de la Cote d'Azur 
personnel ; the data are retrieved daily by CNES to be controlled and rinexed
in Toulouse before going into the IGS data flow thru the IGN data center 
in Paris.

The approximate coordinates of the GPS mark are the following :

		X = 4581691.
                Y =  556114.5
                Z = 4389360.5

             ***************************************************
               International GPS Service for Geodynamics (IGS)
                            SITE INFORMATION FORM
             ***************************************************

0. Form

        Prepared by (full name): Loic Boloh
        Date                   : March 13, 1995
        Report type            : NEW
          (NEW or UPDATE)
 
1. Site Identification of the GPS monument

        Site Name              : Observatoire de Calern - OCA
        4 char ID              : GRAS
        Monument Inscription   : none
        IERS DOMES Number      : 10002 M006
        CDP Number             :   -
        Date                   : February 1995
        Additional information : Monument is a concrete pillar on bedrock
				 with forced centering plate.

2. Site Location

        City                   : Caussols
        Country                : France
        Tectonic Plate         : Eurasia
        Additional information : Observatory located at Caussols, on plateau
				 de Calern, 10 Km NW of Grasse.

3. GPS Receiver

        Type                   : ROGUE SNR-8100
        Serial Number          : Mod. 7490430 SN 146
        Firmware Version       : V2.8 - May 25, 1993
        Date                   : Feb. 22, 1995

4. GPS Antenna

        Type                   : DORNE MARGOLIN T
        Serial Number          : 469
        Date                   : Feb. 22, 1995
        Vertical Antenna Height: 0.035 m
        Antenna Reference Point: BPA (Bottom of the Pre-Amp)
        Date                   : Feb. 22, 1995

5. Local Site Ties
        
   Monument          CDP      DOMES              Components        Acc.   Date
     Name            Number   Number        dX       dY      dZ     mm  yy-mm-dd
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     SLR              7835   10002 S001  + 0.632  +44.858  - 1.199  2   95-02-17
(intersection of axis)

Mobile VLBI marker    7605   10002 M003  + 6.639  +11.081  - 9.235  1   95-02-17
________________________________________________________________________________

Note : the differential coordinates are from the GRAS GPS mark to the
       above reference points.

6. Frequency standard

        H-maser /   /   Cesium /   /    Quartz /   /     Internal / X /
        Other (specify)        :
        Date                   : Feb. 22, 1995

        (Mark with 'X')

7. Collocation

        SLR    / P /    VLBI  / M /     DORIS  /  /     PRARE    /  /  

8. On-site, Point of Contact Agency Information 

        Agency                 : Obs. de Calern - OCA
        Contact                : Francis PIERRON
        Address                : Observatoire de la Cote d'Azur
                                 Avenue Nicolas Copernic
                                 06100 GRASSE - France
        Telephone              : (33) 93 40 54 20
        E-mail                 : [email-masked]

9. Responsible Operations Agency 

        Agency                 : Centre National d'Etudes Spatiales
        Contact                : Loic Boloh
        Address                : CNES - EO/ST/SC
                                 18, avenue Edouard Belin
                                 31055 TOULOUSE - France
        Telephone              : (33) 61 27 31 56
        E-mail                 : [email-masked]
        Fax                    : (33) 61 28 15 36

10. Please insert here the character graphics corresponding to the 
antenna type. Check, complete or change if necessary the antenna 
dimensions.

                                    ---  
     L2 Phase Center =>         /    +    \             <---------------+
     L1 Phase Center =>        |     +     |            <---------+     |
              +----------------------------------------------+    |     |
              |                                              |    |     |
              |                                              |    |     |
              |                                              |    |     |
              |                                              |    |     |
             ==================================================   |     |
                               |           |                      |     |
                               |    +-+    |                      |   0.163 m
   Antenna Ref. Point (ARP) => +====| |====+   <--+               |     |
                               |   Mount   |      |             0.145 m |
                               |           |    0.035 m           |     |
 Monument Ref. Point (M006) => |    +-+    |   <--+            <--+-----+
              +----------------+====| |====+-----------------+ 
              |                                              |            
              |                                              |
              |                                              |
              |               Concrete pillar                |
              |                                              |
              |                                              |
              |                                              |

11. Hard copy information

    Please mark 'X' if on file or date expected to be available.

        Site Map               : X
        Site Diagram           : X
        Horizon Mask           :
        Monument description   :
        Site pictures          : X

***********************************************************************

[Mailed From: [email-masked]]