Subject: [IGSMAIL-0894] GPS Global Network Status
From: Keith F. Stark
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 1995 6:31:46 PST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Wed Mar  1  6:31:46 PST 1995      Message Number 0894
******************************************************************************

Author: Keith F. Stark
Subject: GPS Global Network Status

POWER OUTAGE PROBLEMS:

Over the weekend all of our computers except for the data retrieval
Macintosh computers were taken down due to an air conditioning maintenance
(IGS Message #889).  Unfortunately, one of the Macintoch computers
experienced a disk failure on a disk that contained data downloaded over
the weekend.  On Monday morning we were able to download the majority of
data from the affected sites, but due to the limited storage area in the
receiver's memory, we lost data from several sites.

GODE, MDO1, NLIB, and PIE1 lost data from the first half of day 055.

Because we were unable to get data from Guam on Monday, it lost all data on
day 055 and the first half of day 056.

Also, the data posted from GOLD, MADR, and TIDB were not properly
concatenated into a single file for day 055.  They have been corrected and
posted here and also exported to CDDIS.

OTHER SITES:

AREQ - The receiver at Arequipa is still not tracking.  We believe that it
might be a problem with version 2.8 of the Turborogue Receiver firmware.
We have sent down version 3.0 and it should arrive by the end of this week
or the beginning of next.

BOGT - We are continuing to have communication problems with Bogota.  We
should have them resolved by the end of the week.

========================================================================
Keith F. Stark                     Telephone:   (818) 354 5922
GPS Networks & Operations Group    FAX:         (818) 393 4965
Jet Propulsion Laboratory          Email:       [email-masked]
4800 Oak Grove Dr.
Pasadena, CA 91109
========================================================================

[Mailed From: [email-masked] (Keith F. Stark)]