Subject: [IGSMAIL-0850] Schedule for the "pilot phase" of the regional densification analysis
From: Geoffrey Blewitt
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 1995 12:43:42 PST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Fri Jan 20 12:43:42 PST 1995      Message Number 0850
******************************************************************************

Author: Geoffrey Blewitt
Subject: Schedule for the "pilot phase" of the regional densification analysis

Schedule for the "pilot phase" of the regional densification analysis
---------------------------------------------------------------------

At the IGS Governing Board Meeting in San Francisco (6 December 1994) 
I was given the action to produce a schedule for the pilot phase 
of the regional densification analysis.  The following schedule is 
based on reasoning contained in Position Paper 2 (Blewitt, Bock, and Kouba, 
presented at the IGS Workshop, Pasadena, December 1994). 

I know the schedule looks ambitious, and I also know the IGS experience: 
After we have made our plans work, we look in amazement and wonder how.

Respectfully submitted,

Geoff Blewitt 

========================================================================
Date        Action Deadlines (assigned to those in parentheses)
========================================================================
95/01/16    (Blewitt): Submit schedule to IGSCB for comment.
95/01/20    (IGSCB): Approval of schedule or modified schedule,
            and distribute to IGS Mail list.
95/01/23    (SINEX committee: Blewitt, Bock, Boucher, Gurtner, and Kouba)
            Begin to draft the Software INdependent coordinate solution
            EXchange format (SINEX). 
95/01/31    Deadline for response to invitation to participate in pilot
            phase as an Associate Analysis Center of Type 2 (AAC).
95/02/08    (IGSCB): Identify AAC's for pilot phase, and send
            notification by IGS Mail.
95/02/20    (SINEX committee): Draft version of SINEX format
            sent to Analysis Centers (AC's), Data Centers (DC's),
	    and AAC's for comment/clarification.
95/03/02    (AC's, DC's, AAC's): Deadline for comments on draft SINEX.
95/03/13    (SINEX committee):  Finalize SINEX, considering received
            comments, and distribute details and sample file.
95/03/22    (DC's in cooperation with IGSCB): Finalize preparations
            to (a) receive SINEX files and notify AC's/AAC's on
            arrangements; (b) deliver weekly reports on submission
            statistics; (c) accumulate database on submitted
            solutions (e.g.: single line records including station name,
            filename, submission date, analysis group, solution epoch, 	
	    solution span).
95/03/22    (AAC's): Finalize preparations to read and interpret
            SINEX files, and automatically identify format problems.
95/03/23    (AC's): Submit sample SINEX file to data centers for
            inspection by AAC's. File will contain a single fiducial-free
            solution for GPS week 790 (95/02/26 - 95/03/04).
            Solution epoch (midpoint) is 95/03/01; no velocities included. 
            Only include IGS stations with official 4-character id's.
            Example file name, as submitted by ESA: "ESA07907.SNX".
95/03/23    (Boucher/IERS): IERS submits a SINEX file that contains 
            ITRF solution for IGS stations (only), at epoch 95/03/01,
            including station velocities: "ITRF93.SNX"	
95/04/05    (AAC's): AAC's informally report to AC's and help to
            resolve obvious problems with (i) format, (ii) information
            content, and (iii) differences in assumed eccentricities.
95/04/12    (AC's): Resubmit solutions for GPS week 790, correcting any
            problems found above.
95/04/23    (AAC's): AAC report final results on analysis of week 790.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
WEEKLY SCHEDULE FOR PILOT PHASE (52 WEEKS)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
95/04/30    (AC's): First weekly submission of fiducial-free SINEX file
            for week 796 (95/04/09 to 95/04/15).  AC's also to provide any 
            relevant statistics regarding input data and quality tests.
95/05/14    (AAC's): First weekly submission of combined solution (796) to
            DC's, and AAC IGS Report containing intercomparison results
            and other quality indicators.
95/05/21
etc...      AAC's average turnaround time should decrease to a few days. 
96/04/28    (AC's) Last SINEX submission under pilot phase (GPS week 848).
96/05/05    (AAC's) Last weekly submission under pilot phase (GPS week 848).
------------------------------------------------------------------------
MONTHLY (4-WEEK) SCHEDULE FOR PILOT PHASE (13 4-WEEK MONTHS).
95/06/04    (AC's): First monthly (4-weekly) submission to IERS
95/07/02   
...etc
96/05/05    (AC's): Last monthly submission to IERS under pilot phase.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
July 1996  IGS Workshop in Australia: Review of pilot phase.
========================================================================
(End of schedule)

[Mailed From: [email-masked]]