Subject: [IGSMAIL-0843] IAG Symposia in Boulder (XXI-th IUGG Assembly)
From: G. Beutler
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 1995 3:23:44 PST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Wed Jan 18  3:23:44 PST 1995      Message Number 0843
******************************************************************************

Author: G. Beutler
Subject: IAG Symposia in Boulder (XXI-th IUGG Assembly)

Re:  GPS Symposium at the XXI-th IUGG Meeting in Boulder

Dear colleagues,
in view of the official dealine for the receipt of abstracts (1 February
1995) and in view of the fact that the third circular for the XXI-th
General Assembly still was not received (everywhere) outside the USA I
would like to draw your attention to the fact that the IAG will organize
the following symposia at the Boulder IUGG General Assembly:

G1 : GPS Trends in Precise Terrestrial, Airborne and Spaceborne Applications
G2 : Geodesy in Southeast Asia
G3 : Global Gravity Field and its Temporal Variations
G4 : Airborne Gravity Field Determination
G5 : The Geoid and the Solution of the Boundary Value Problem
G6 : Geodetic Networks for Addressing Geophysical Issues
G7 : New Concepts in Space Geodesy.

As convenor of symposium G1 and in view of its relationship with the IGS
I would like to include more information about the GPS-symposium G1:

G1 : GPS Trends in Precise Terrestrial, Airborne and Spaceborne Applications
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Convenor and Co-convenors: G. Beutler, G. Hein, W.G. Melbourne, G. Seeber

The symposium should reflect the state of the art for all kinds of
scientific and engineering applications using the now fully operational
GPS. It is jointly organized by the IAG and the IUSM (International Union
of Surveying and Mapping). The symposium structure is the following:

G1 Session 1:
The International GPS Service for Geodynamics (IGS) and other continuously
operating GPS reference networks:  their impact on geosciences and
engineering
Chairpersons : G. Seeber, L. Hothem

G1 Session 2 :
Spaceborne Applications of the GPS.
Chairpersons : W.G. Melbourne, J.M. Dow

G1 Session 3:
Kinematic Applications of the GPS.
Chairpersons : G. Hein, B. Remondi

G1 Session 4:
The GPS and its relations to geophysics and the other space
techniques (such as troposphere, ionosphere, time transfer).
Chairpersons: G. Beutler, Ch. Rocken

According to the abstract submission instructions (page 15, third
circular, XXI-th General Assembly of the IUGG)  abstracts must arrive at
the AGU office no later than FEBRUARY 1, 1995. The original and two copies
have to be mailed to

IUGG XXI General Assembly
c/o American Geophysical Union
2000 Florida Avenue, N.W.
Washington DC 20009
USA

Alternatively electronic abstract submission is possible (follow the
instructions made available by the AGU).

For papers submitted to symposium G1 an additional copy should be sent to
the convenor

G. Beutler
Astronomical Institute
University of Bern
Sidlerstrasse 5
CH-3012 Bern
Switzerland

e-mail: [email-masked]

[Mailed From: Gerhard Beutler <[email-masked]>]