Subject: [IGSMAIL-0835] Bangalore Station
From: Yehuda Bock
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 1995 9:28:09 PST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Thu Jan 12  9:28:09 PST 1995      Message Number 0835
******************************************************************************

Author: Yehuda Bock
Subject: Bangalore Station

Scripps Orbit and Permanent Array Center (SOPAC)
Date: January 6, 1995
Subject: Bangalore, India station

Thanks to Roger Bilham and UNAVCO there has is a Trimble 4000 SSE
tracking at the IICS in Bangalore, India.  The data are transferred
over Internet to the University of Colorado.  We have started
archiving this data at SOPAC and have analyzed the data for the 
first 2 days of 1995.  We are compiling an IGS log sheet and will
distribute as soon as the information is complete.

However, Roger informs me that the UNAVCO receiver is not there
on a permanent basis and may be recalled soon.  I would like to
urge UNAVCO to keep the receiver in operation since it provides
excellent and timely data from an area that is sorely lacking in
coverage.

This is a good opportunity for UNAVCO to get involved in
IGS global tracking, particularly, in areas that are not easily
accessible.

I hope that this issue will be raised at the UNAVCO SC meeting
tomorrow.

[Mailed From: [email-masked] (Geodesy Lab account)]