Subject: [IGSMAIL-0741] New IGS Core stations Kitab and Potsdam
From: Ch. Reigber
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 1994 10:05:06 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Tue Oct 11 10:05:06 PDT 1994      Message Number 0741
******************************************************************************

Author: Ch. Reigber
Subject: New IGS Core stations Kitab and Potsdam

Dear colleagues,

as a number of you will have realized already, data from Stations
Potsdam (Germany) and Kitab (Uzbekistan) are now available on a
regular basis for the IGS. Both Stations are equipped with a 
Turbo Rogue SR 8000 receivers. The data from Kitab are transmitted
to the Potsdam Center via an Inmarsat A Terminal on a daily basis.
After a quality check of the data in the GFZ Operational Data Center
the daily files are routed to the IfAG regional data Center.
The ITRF coordinates of the two stations are ( in m ):
                       X            Y             Z
       Potsdam:   1944944.67    4556657.84    4004320.20
       Kitab:     3800688.89     882084.22    5028790.92

We are convinced that in particular the Kitab data will enhance your
ability to produce precise IGS products and hope that we soon can 
come up with additional stations in remote regions.

Sincerely yours

Ch. Reigber

[Mailed From: [email-masked] (Roman Galas)]

[Mailed From: [email-masked]]