Subject: [IGSMAIL-0727] MADRID and AREQUIPA loss of data
From: Byron Iijima
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 1994 14:09:12 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Thu Sep  8 14:09:12 PDT 1994      Message Number 0727
******************************************************************************

Author: Byron Iijima
Subject: MADRID and AREQUIPA loss of data

The Madrid (DSCC60) Rogue receiver tracked sporadically from 3 Sep
17:18 UT to 4 Sep 0:27 UT (days 246 to 247), and did not track
thereafter until the receiver was reset.  Normal tracking resumed
5 Sep 9:23 UT (day 248).

We continue to have telephone line difficulties when offloading data
from the Arequipa TurboRogue receiver.  Sep 1 and 2 (days 244 and 245)
have been lost completely, and there are partial files for Sep 3 and 4.
Sep 5, 6, and 7 were offloaded successfully.

We have been unable to access data from the McMurdo receiver
due to Internet problems since day 246.

Also, there will sometimes be multiple files for Santiago and Easter
Island.  Data from those sites are retrieved over Internet, and
due to connectivity problems the retrievals are often incomplete.
The data files we send to CDDIS are the most complete files available
at the time.

We regret any inconvenience caused by these problems.

- Byron

=======================================================================
Byron Iijima                       Telephone:   (818) 354 8503
GPS Networks & Operations Group    FAX:         (818) 393 4965
Jet Propulsion Laboratory          Email:       [email-masked]
M/S 238-700
4800 Oak Grove Dr.
Pasadena, CA 91109
=======================================================================

[Mailed From: [email-masked]]