Subject: [IGSMAIL-0723] DRAO Data Outage
From: Mike Schmidt
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 1994 13:29:12 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Tue Sep  6 13:29:12 PDT 1994      Message Number 0723
******************************************************************************

Author: Mike Schmidt
Subject: DRAO Data Outage

***************************************************************************
                     GEOLOGICAL SURVEY OF CANADA
                   WESTERN CANADA DEFORMATION ARRAY
                         GPS TRACKER ADVISORY

GPS TRACKER ID: DRAO
DOMES No.:      40105-M002
CDP No.         n/a
MONUMENT No.    887006
LOCATION:       Dominion Radio Astrophysical Observatory (DRAO)
                           Penticton B.C, Canada

ADVISORY:

Due to a lightning hit the communication to the DRAO GPS tracker was down
commencing Saturday September 3 (DOY 246) until Tuesday September 6 (DOY
249). As a result data for the following period is not recoverable:

        DOY 245 00:00:00 UT until DOY 246 09:21:00 UT (inclusive)

Communication has now been re-established; CONAN Binary data files for days
246, 247, 248 are now available by anonymous FTP to sikanni.pgc.emr.ca .
RINEX files should be available through CDDIS within 24 - 48 hrs.

Data File DRAO2460.94c contains data commencing DOY 246 09:21:30 UT through
until DOY 246 23:59:30 UT.

Our apologies for any inconveniences this may have caused.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
ADVISORY DISTRIBUTION:          IGS
                                                        CANADIAN ACS
                                                        BC ACS

PREPARED BY: MS                      DATE: 94/09/06
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:

********************************************************************************
Mike Schmidt                                              Tel  (604) 363-6760
Pacific Geoscience Centre                         FAX (604) 363-6565
Geological Survey of Canada                      internet:  [email-masked]
P.O. Box 6000
9860 West Saanich Rd.
Sidney, B.C.  Canada  V8L 4B2
********************************************************************************

[Mailed From: [email-masked] (Mike Schmidt)]